Yvonne Losos de Muñiz Repeats Grand Pix Victory in Wellington Dressage Week 5
Sunday, February 11, 2018
In the Grand Prix Freestyle CDI3*, presented by Wellington Equestrian Realty, Dominican Republic rider Yvonne Losos de Muñiz proved that her grand prix win on Foco Loco W was no fluke. On her own 13-year-old Belgian warmblood gelding by Sierappel, she won the class with 74.35% — including a high score of 77% from the U.S. judge, Janet Foy.
“To be honest, I’m a bit speechless still. I’m still trying to soak it all in. It’s been going so incredibly,” she said. “Two weeks ago I did well with him, and to come back and repeat it and get a little better is just fantastic. I really have no words.”
Losos de Muñiz rode to music put together by Canadian Karen Robinson.
“Tonight I was able, especially in the trot, to really hit the cues. I came in and sat back and he came up in front of me, and I said, ‘OK, here we go’. He floated around and felt fabulous. The music is really strong, but he is such a big horse that he can carry the music no problem.”
Spain’s young talent Juan Matute Guimon finished second on Don Diego Ymas (73.4%), with Canada’s Megan Lane filling third on San D’Or with 71.85%.
Proving their previous win was no fluke, Yvonne Losos de Muñiz (DOM) and Foco Loco W top the Grand Prix Freestyle CDI3* with 74.35%.
Unbeaten Tour de Force
Of the 18 starters in the Prix St Georges CDI1*, it was Great Britain’s Susan Pape and the expressive and uphill Harmony’s Eclectisch who nosed ahead with 71.029%. Each of the five judges awarded the pair over 70%. The nine-year-old KWPN stallion by Zenon have taken their small tour classes by storm this season, winning all three of his tests so far at AGDF.
The star-studded fifth week of the 2018 AGDF continues on Saturday with seven CDI classes, including junior, young rider and amateur divisions, as well as the showcase class, the Grand Prix Special CDI5*, which kicks off at 10am. The 12-week circuit continues through March 31 at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center.
Place, rider, nationality, horse, horse information: judge E%, judge H%, judge C%, judge M%, judge B%, total
FEI Grand Prix Freestyle CDI3*, presented by Wellington Equestrian Realty
E, William Warren (USA); H, Janet Foy (USA); C, Susan Hoevenaars (AUS); M, Vincenzo Truppa (ITA); B, Ulrike Nivelle (GER)
1. Yvonne Losos de Muñiz (DOM) on Foco Loco W, her own 13yo Belgian warmblood gelding by Sierappel x Wendekreis: 74, 77, 74.75, 73.375, 72.625, 74.35%.
2. Juan Matute Guimon (ESP) on Don Diego Ymas, Juan F Matute’s 15yo Hanoverian gelding by Don Frederico x Wolkenstein II: 71.75, 73.75, 74.375, 73.5, 73.625, 73.4%.
3. Megan Lane (CAN) on San D’Or, Deer Ridge Equestrian’s 12yo Westfalian gelding by Sandro Hit x Cocktail: 70.375, 74.25, 72.25, 71.875, 70.5, 71.85%.
4. Beatrice Marienau (USA) on Stefano 8, her own 19yo KWPN gelding by Gribaldi x Actueel: 70.125, 72.25, 71.25, 69.125, 70.875, 70.725%.
5. Tina Irwin (CAN) on Laurencio, her own 11yo Oldenburg gelding by Laurentio x Donnerhall: 70.375, 65.75, 68.5, 68.375, 70.5, 68.7%.
6. Karen Lipp (USA) on Whitney, Kathleen Oldford’s Hanoverian mare by White Star x Grand Cru: 66.5, 69.625, 69, 64.375, 67.5, 67.4%.
7. Ariana Chia (CAN) on Teo, her own 19yo KWPN gelding by Democrat x Uniform: 66.375, 67.25, 69.25, 67, 65.75, 67.125%.
8. Sahar Daniel Hirosh (ISR) on Whitman, Jane Suwalsky’s 15yo KWPN gelding by Rhodium x Saluut: 66.625, 69.5, 65.25, 63.375, 67.75, 66.5%.
Posted on Nov 4, 2015
Posted on Aug 29, 2016
Posted on Jan 30, 2013
Posted on Mar 16, 2018