ALL EQUESTRIAN | DRESSAGE DAILY
Youth Dressage Riders Learn From the Best at Lendon Youth Dressage Festival
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
Registration is now open for the 2017 LYDF Midwest, and like in previous years, is bringing top international dressage athletes and personalities to the youth riders of the Midwest!
This all-youth horse show is open to any rider under 21, and consists of 3 divisions: Written Test, Dressage Test, and Equitation Test. Modeled after the highly successful LYDF held every summer in New York, the Midwest version is a one-day event, preceded by a TEAM (formerly Emerging Dressage Athlete) clinic and a Saturday night Exhibitor's Dinner.
Friday and Saturday, June 23-24: TEAM Clinic with Lendon Gray and others.
Saturday night, June 24: Exhibitors Party—Friends and Parents Invited
Sunday, June 25: Lendon Youth Dressage Festival Midwest, 3-Part Competition
Where: Hampton Green Farm, Fruitport, MI
The following speakers and commentators will be involved with this year’s event:
- Lendon Gray, Founder and President of Dressage4Kids:
Two-time Olympian Lendon Gray believes dressage is for every horse and rider. Generous, outspoken, and pragmatic, Lendon has devoted her energies to the improvement of all riders (not just the privileged ones) and all horses (even the littlest ones). With the goal that all youths might learn how to become not just better riders, but all-around horsemen, Lendon established Lendon’s Youth Dressage Festival (formerly known as the Northeast Junior/Young Rider Championships) in 1999. Lendon will be training and lecturing to the riders throughout the weekend, as well as overseeing all of the Divisions.
- Saturday Night: The resume of Jose Daniel Martin Dockx is one of the most extensive in the sport. Two Olympics, (London and Rio de Janeiro), World Equestrian Games, 5 years at CHIO Aachen, 2 European Championships, multiple National Championships of Spain at all FEI levels, winner or top three of more than 25 international Grand Prix classes. Dani will be providing a ridden demonstration for the TEAM clinic, and speak to all exhibitors and guests on Saturday evening about his experiences.
- Dressage Commentator and Sunday afternoon Lecturer: Nicholas Hansen, NAJYRC 2016 3-time Gold Medalist for Young Riders.
- Dressage Judge: Merrilyn Griffin, USEF “r” Dressage Judge
- Equitation Judge: Kristen Skinner-Boyd, Equine Canada “B” Dressage Judge and Gold Medalist
LYDF Midwest Prizelist and Entry Form now available
TEAM riders must apply through the Dressage4Kids website. Information and application available here
All TEAM Riders MUST enter the LYDF on Sunday, June 25.
Posted on Jan 9, 2015
Posted on Jan 4, 2014
Posted on Nov 8, 2014