Is Your Farm Personal Property Protected?

Monday, February 18, 2019
Posted by Tracey Scharf


Is your farm personal property insured?
Is your farm personal property insured?

Did you know that with a Markel Commercial Equine Liability policy that you can also add your Farm personal property? As a trainer, riding instructor or clinician; you may not own the facility that you work out of, but more than likely your personally owned horses are boarded at the facility and therefor all of your tack is probably kept there. Most farm policies do not cover the contents of the barn, unless the owner has specifically scheduled those items, and seldom is this coverage extended to clients that have their horses boarded there. For a small charge (depending on the Insured value), you can include your farm personal property with a Markel Commercial Equine Liability policy.

HorsesDaily's Mary Phelps ( is a Markel Equine Insurance Specialist and CSR Tracey Scharf ( provide the personal attention needed to help make the lives of their clients smooth and easy when it comes to the process of insuring your Farm, business and equine mortality needs. While Mary travels to the shows and barns, you can count on Tracey in the office to be available to answer questions and manage the details with ease. 1-386-985-1429.