Will Scott Brash Be The First To Win The Rolex Grand Slam of Show Jumping?
Thursday, December 18, 2014
Scott Brash has the chance to be the first equestrian athlete in history to win the Rolex Grand Slam of Show Jumping.
Question: Your victory in the Rolex Grand Prix at the CHI Geneva means that your personal Rolex Grand Slam of Show Jumping has begun. What do you think about the initiative?
- Scott Brash: This initiative by Rolex is incredible for our sport. We are athletes – we need goals. The Rolex Grand Slam gives us a clear goal and we give our very best for the bonus. We, the athletes, have top conditions, which means in turn the spectators can of course experience top sport, because naturally every rider wants to win these three shows. Rolex has been an excellent partner in the field of show jumping for many years. It is fantastic to experience how this commitment and with it also the sport further develop – we are all extremely grateful for this.
Question: Nobody has been able to win the Rolex Grand Slam yet. You may able to write history…
- Scott Brash: Yes, that's right, but it is going to be very, very difficult. Winning one of these shows is hard enough, but to win all three… I think Eric Lamaze succeeded in doing so once, but not in succesion. And Eric Lamaze had an incredible horse…
Question: You also have an incredible horse, "Hello Sanctos".
- Scott Brash: That's true. He is the horse of my life, I enjoy every second with him. But, I am also lucky enough to have other top horses too.
Question: Do you already know which horse you will ride at the next Major Show, the World Equestrian Festival in Aachen on the last weekend in May?
- Scott Brash: I'll have to wait and see. "Hello Sanctos" usually feels at home in any ring anywhere in the world – but I had the feeling that he didn't feel totally comfortable in Aachen. Which is why I could imagine opting to ride "Ursula" in Aachen.
Question: What are your plans for 2015?
- Scott Brash: Of course, the focus clearly lies on Aachen: The Rolex Grand Prix in May and the FEI European Championships in August.
Posted on Aug 24, 2017
Posted on Feb 9, 2016
Posted on Feb 5, 2018
Posted on Mar 29, 2016