USDF Continuing Education in Dressage Judging Program May 30-31 - Bring the Family and See Why
Wednesday, May 6, 2015
Don't miss this opportunity to kick off spring in New England, with an educational opportunity not to be missed by serious dressage competitors and dressage judge hopefuls. Too many weekends away from hubby and the kids, no problem at this location! Pineland Farms offers additional educational and recreational opportunities if participants wanted to include family and friends, in the historic and picturesque coastal region of Maine. The Equestrian Center at Pineland Farms, New Gloucester, Maine, will be hosting the USDF Continuing Education in Dressage Judging, Musical Freestyle, Saturday, May 30, 2015 at their first class facility The Equestrian Center (1545 Intervale Road, New Gloucester, ME). This is an exciting opportunity for those participating in the judging program. It is also a unique opportunity for competitors interested in expanding their knowledge and awareness of what judges are looking for, and how to design a Freestyle with all the components for getting the best results.
This educational program will feature Lois Yukins, a USEF 'S' Dressage Judge and Terry Ciotti Gallo of Klassic Kur.
All “L” Participants and enrollees must be current USDF members, either participating, group, or education members, and be USEF judges, USDF "L" Graduates or enrolled in the USDF “L Program. All participants should apply to The Equestrian Center at Pineland Farms in order to participate. http://shop.pinelandfarms.org/collections/equestrian-center
Auditors are welcome and do not need to meet any requirements to attend.
USDF Continuing Education in Dressage Judging Program, Musical Freestyle will include:
- Music, choreography and judging criteria
- Audio and video components.
The USDF Continuing Education Program will be followed by a “Do-It-Yourself” Musical Freestyle Clinic on Sunday, May 31st. The clinic will be led by Terry Ciotti Gallo and Lois Yukins. Seven riders from New England will participate with their horses (3 from Maine, 2 from Massachusetts, 1 from New Hampshire, and 1 from Vermont).
Riders for Sunday, May 31st
- Doris Carlson & Wilhelmena (8-year old Hanoverian mare) are working on their first Freestyle, and they're at the beginning stages of music selection & choreography for Third Level
- Michelle Hirshberg & Bocage (10-year old Lusitano stallion) have their music selected and are working on the choreography for their Fourth Level Freestyle
- Krista Nordgren & Schando (19-year old Danish gelding) have most of their Grand Prix Freestyle complete, and they're looking for an overall assessment of their program
- Paula Pierce & Hunter Douglas Rhapsody (17-year old KWPN gelding) are also at the beginning stages of music selection & choreography for their Intermediate I Freestyle
- Dinah Rojek & Freesia (12-year old Danish mare) have a Fourth Level Freestyle they would like to rework for Intermediate I
- Bryn Walsh & Westwyn (8-year old KWPN mare) are working on the canter portion of their new Third Level Freestyle
- Cyndy West & Captiva (14-year old Lippizan mare) have a Third Level Freestyle they'd like help altering for Intermediate I
For more information on the Pineland Farm's USDF Continuing Education in Dressage Judging Program, please visit www.pinelandfarms.org/equestrian-center/ or contact Program Coordinator, Jennifer Dillon, 508/641-3121 or via email at email@example.com.
To learn more about the USDF Continuing Education in Dressage Judging Program, please visit the USDF web site at www.usdf.org or contact USDF at 859/971-2277.
Pre-registration is highly recommended. Click here to register.
Saturday begins at 9:30 a.m.
Sunday begins at 8:30 a.m.
Saturday Judge/Participant is $75, Sunday is $45; both days $115
Auditors are $60 per day or $110 for both; GMO members are $45 per day or $85 for both
Grants for this USDF program are funded by The Dressage Foundation's Edgar Hotz Judges’ Fund. The Dressage Foundation's mission is "To cultivate and provide financial support for the advancement of Dressage." To learn more about The Dressage Foundation please visit www.dressagefoundation.org.
Posted on Jan 30, 2013
Posted on Aug 13, 2014
Posted on Sep 3, 2012