US Drivers and Ponies Announced For FEI 2021 World Championships
Sunday, July 11, 2021
Lexington, Ky. – US Equestrian is pleased to announce the combinations selected to represent the U.S. Driving Team at two FEI World Driving Championships. The FEI Para Driving World Championship for Singles will take place August 5-8 in Schildau, Germany. The FEI Driving World Championship for Ponies will take place September 16-19 in Le Pin au Haras, France.
FEI Para Driving World Championship for Singles
The following athlete-and-horse combination will represent the U.S. at the FEI Para Driving World Championship for Singles Augusst 5-8, in Schildau, Germany:
- Tracy Bowman (Martinez, Calif.) and Albrecht’s Hoeve’s Lars, her own 2009 Welsh Pony gelding
Marcie Quist will serve as the chef d’equipe.
FEI Driving World Championship for Ponies
The following combinations will represent the U.S. at the FEI Driving World Championship for Ponies September 16-10, in Le Pin au Haras (FRA) and are listed in ranked order:
- Jennifer Keeler (Paris, Ky.) and Amazing Grace, her own 2010 Dutch Harness cross mare
Direct reserve: Zeppo, her own 2011 Hackney gelding
- Barbara Chapman (Metamora, Mich.) and Maduro, Darlene Daly’s 2008 North American Sport Pony gelding
- Katie Whaley (Paris, Ky.) with Clanfair Sunglow, Gail Riley’s 2012 Welsh Pony gelding; Tanner, her own 2006 Welsh Pony cross gelding; and Tommy, her own 2003 Welsh Pony cross gelding
Direct reserve: Teddy, her own 2013 Welsh Pony gelding
The following combination is an alternate for the Single Pony division at the FEI Driving World Championship for Ponies:
- Deborah Lawrence (Shelbyville, Ky.) and Top Secret 53, her own 2009 Warmblood gelding
Tracey Morgan will serve as the chef d’equipe.