Tinne Vilhelmson-Silfven and Esperance Take Home a Second FEI Intermediare I Victory
Monday, March 6, 2017
Wellington, FL -Competition concluded for week eight of the Adequan® Global Dressage Festival (AGDF) on Sunday, March 5, with a win for Tinne Vilhelmson-Silfven (SWE) and Esperance in the FEI Intermediaire I Freestyle CDI 1*, presented by Vinceremos Therapeutic Riding Center.
The circuit continues March 10-12 with the CPEDI 1*/2*/3* Para Dressage, presented by Mane Stream courtesy of Rowan O'Riley, Mission Control, Adequan®, and Nutrena®; and National Competition presented by Adequan®.
Vilhelmson-Silfven and Esperance, a 2009 KWPN gelding (Sorento x Volita x Rousseau) owned by Lövsta Stuteri, finished their week on a high note with a victory today in the FEI Intermediaire I Freestyle CDI 1*, presented by Vinceremos Therapeutic Riding Center. The pair also took the top spot in Saturday's FEI Intermediare I and were awarded second place in Friday's FEI Prix St. Georges.
"Looking at the whole week, I'm so pleased with my horse," said Vilhelmson-Silfven. "He went over the expectations, as I haven't shown him before. I've only had him for eight or nine months, and he's so intelligent and nice to ride. He has a super mind; he really wants to do his best. He still feels quite green because he is only eight, you can feel that in the ring. Still, he just tries and tries, and he's so honest and ambitious. It's going to be a lot of fun to continue with this horse."
The pair bested a competitive class made up of 14 talented horse-and-rider combinations with a winning score of 76.292%.
Commenting on her music choices, Vilhelmson-Silfven continued, "I wanted to have music that was not too powerful, because I didn't know how he would react. I chose music that was more calm and even, to try and make it easier for him. It is too early to do a big spectacle right now. I figured he should just have a good round and have a good experience from it."
Second place in the FEI Intermediaire I Freestyle CDI 1* was awarded to Jessica Rhinelander (CAN) and Dimanche, a 2008 KWPN gelding (Spielberg x Zayonah x San Remo) owned by Rhinelander, scoring 74.417%. Third place went Adrienne Lyle (USA) and Harmony's Duval, a 2008 KWPN gelding (Rousseau x Uptown Girl x Riverman) owned by Kylee Lourie, with a score of 73.375%.
Competition at AGDF will resume with a full schedule of CPEDI 1*/2*/3* Para Dressage classes on March 10-12, presented by Mane Stream courtesy of Rowan O'Riley, Mission Control, Adequan®, and Nutrena®. For more information and to see a full list of results, please visit www.globaldressagefestival.com.
Final Results: FEI Intermediaire I Freestyle CDI 1*, presented by Vinceremos Therapeutic Riding Center
Place, Rider, Nationality, Horse, Horse Information: Judge H%, Judge C%, Judge B%, Total %
1. Tinne Vilhelmson-Silfven (SWE), Esperance, 2009 KWPN gelding by Sorento x Volita x Rousseau, owned by Lövsta Stuteri: 77.500%, 76.375%, 75.000%, 76.292%
2. Jessica Rhinelander (CAN), Dimanche, 2008 KWPN gelding by Spielberg x Zayonah x San Remo, owned by Jessica Rhinelander: 72.750%, 75.750%, 74.750%, 74.417%
3. Adrienne Lyle (USA), Harmony's Duval, 2008 KWPN gelding by Rousseau x Uptown Girl x Riverman, owned by Kylee Lourie: 75.625%, 72.875%, 71.625%, 73.375%
4. Jennifer Baumert (USA), Handsome, 2005 Hanoverian gelding by Hochadel x Wyona x Weltmeyer, owned by Elizabeth Juliano: 73.750%, 72.750%, 73.625%, 73.375%
5. Evi Strasser (CAN), Rigaudon Tyme, 2004 Oldenburg gelding by Rosario x Carmen x Calypso II, owned by Evi Strasser: 72.125%, 71.500%, 70.875%, 71.500%
6. Katie Johnson (USA), Nymphenburg's Sylvester, 2008 Oldenburg gelding by Sir Dionnerhall x Wenzel's Rubin, owned by Kylee Lourie: 71.750%, 69.250%, 69.500%, 70.167%
7. Yvonne de Haan (USA), Winter, 2003 KWPN gelding by Farrington x Tess x Flemmingh, owned by Jacek J De Haan: 68.375%, 69.750%, 69.125%, 69.083%
8. Susan Dutta (USA), Dimacci DC, 2007 Oldenburg gelding by Dimaggio x Karubina, owned by Susan Dutta: 67.875%, 68.375%, 68.250%, 68.167%
Posted on Jul 4, 2015
Posted on Jul 28, 2010
Posted on Jan 18, 2014
Posted on May 18, 2012