Tinne Vilhelmson-Silfven and Divertimento Add Another FEI Grand Prix Special Win at AGDF 9
Sunday, March 8, 2015
Posted by Carly Weilminster for Jennifer Wood Media, Inc.
Wellington, FL - Tinne Vilhelmson-Silfven (SWE) and Divertimento made easy work of the Week 9 FEI Grand Prix Special CDI-W, presented by Everglades Dressage at the Adequan® Global Dressage Festival, taking the win in yet another Grand Prix Special this season. The pair won the class scoring a 72.333%. Mikala Gundersen (DEN) took second place aboard My Lady receiving a 70.196% and Shelly Francis (USA) put in another solid performance with a 69.529% aboard Danilo. The weather was uncooperative for much of the afternoon, as several pairs were caught in a steady downpour during their tests in the Grand Prix Special. Vilhelmson-Silfven who has been extremely consistent with Divertimento this season, is proud of the progress the pair has made at AGDF this season.
"I think he has most certainly gotten better and better to ride each time. I was particularly happy with the Grand Prix on Thursday. It was the best feeling I have had," she remarked.
Click to watch the winning test for Tinne Vilhelmson-Silfven and Divertimento! (Video courtesy of Campfield Videos.)
"Tim" who is generally very hot in the ring for Vilhelmson-Silfven, has continued to gain confidence, which has made it easier to ride each movement. "I'm really happy that even though he was a little bit on the edge today he let me ride everything without mistakes. But that's just him, it wasn't the weather, maybe a bit the atmosphere, but it's getting better," she noted.
Gundersen and My Lady are veterans on the circuit this season, having never placed lower than fifth in any of their classes at AGDF this year. The duo is well versed with their Grand Prix Freestyle routine, and the Grand Prix Special proved to be a new challenge for them today. "She's so good with the freestyle and we probably should have spent more time going through the Special," commented Gundersen. "She was very hot for me today and I think being under the lights revs her up for the Freestyle and today it was a different test, which proved to be more difficult for us."
Final Results for FEI CDI-W Grand Prix Special presented by Everglades Dressage
Place, Rider, Nationality, Horse, Horse Information: Judge E%, Judge H%, Judge C%, Judge M%, Judge B%, Total%
1. Tinne Vilhelmson-Silfven (SWE), Divertimento, 2002 Westphalian gelding owned by Lövsta Stuteri, Di Versace x Fatima x Farragamo: 71.078%, 73.627%, 74.706%, 70.882%, 71.373%, 72.333%
2. Mikala Gundersen (DEN), My Lady, 2000 Danish Warmblood mare owned by Janne Rumbough, Michellino x Marion x Ritterstern: 72.353%, 69.314%, 69.412%, 60.510%, 70.392%, 70.196%
3. Shelly Francis (USA), Danilo, 2004 Hanoverian gelding owned by Patricia Stempel, De Niro x Annabella x Andiamo: 67.255%, 70.196%, 71.863%, 69.314%, 69.020%, 69.529%
4. Alice Tarjan (USA), Elfenfeuer, 2007 Oldenburg mare owned by rider, Florencio x Elfensonne x Sion: 67.353%, 65.392%, 66.961%, 66.176%, 66.667%, 66.510%
5. Jill Irving (CAN), Degas 12, 2002 Hanoverian gelding owned by rider, De Niro x Rosana M x Regazonni: 66.667%, 66.078%, 65.294%, 66.765%, 66.078%, 66.176%
6. Adrienne Pot (USA), Something Special C, 2000 Dutch Warmblood gelding owned by Elizabeth Bramsen, Ferro x Gicara II x Beaujolais: 66.863%, 64.804%, 65.098%, 64.216%, 63.922%, 64.980%
7. Megan Lane (CAN), Caravella, 2001 Dutch Warmblood mare owned by rider, Contango x P.Riveriera x Riverman: 63.824%, 65.000%, 66.471%, 65.588%, 63.824%, 64.941%
8. Juan Matute, Jr. (ESP), Tarpan Ymas, 2000 Dutch Warmblood gelding owned by Cristina Daguillecourt, Waterman x Iriantha: 62.941%, 64.020%, 66.569%, 66.176%, 64.314%, 64.804%
About the Adequan Global Dressage Festival:
The Adequan Global Dressage Festival (AGDF) is one of the world's largest international and national dressage circuits featuring 7 FEI Dressage events, including a 5* and the only FEI Nations' Cup Series CDIO in the Western Hemisphere. The AGDF offers more than $650,000 in prize money for the seven international competitions, making it one of the richest circuits in the world. The Stadium at Palm Beach International Equestrian Center facility includes the Van Kampen covered arena (made possible by Kimberly and Frederic Boyer and family) and four outdoor arenas with world-class footing, 200 permanent stalls, and a VIP seating area.
Posted on Aug 13, 2013
Posted on Feb 10, 2012
Posted on Mar 11, 2012
Posted on Jan 23, 2013