Sweet Potato Souffle – serves 4-6
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
- 2 large sweet potatoes or garnet yams, roasted in foil until soft, skin removed (the horses love the the skins)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 t. Himalayan salt, ground finely
- 1 T. grated lemon hand from Buddha’s Hand* or Meyer Lemon
- ½ t. ea. Cinnamon, ginger and mace (or nutmeg)
- (dash of curry powder for the daring)
Put everything in a blender just until smooth. Pour into buttered soufflé dishes or ramekins and bake in 300 degree oven until set. I used homemade marshmallow and flashed them under the broiler. Try gourmet marshmallows with no preservatives; they melt in your mouth.
If you feel daring, separate the yolks and eggs. Mix all ingredients except whites in blender. Whip whites with a dash of salt and cream of tartar and fold gently into sweet potato mixture. This is more of a true soufflé and will be delicate and light. Serve immediately)
Thank you for the feedback I have received. You can email any questions or suggestions to me at firstname.lastname@example.org My website, www.sweetcassava.com is currently under construction and contact info is incorrect.
Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving filled with love and peace. Susan Taves