Sunday is Funday For Kids at Dressage at Devon - Mark Your Calendars for September 30
Wednesday, August 29, 2018
Devon, PA – It’s often called “horse ballet,” with horse and rider working in partnership to execute complicated movements that take years to perfect. While kids are welcome at dressage shows, it’s rare that there are activities geared toward the education and entertainment of the next generation.
Dressage at Devon, one of the world’s premier dressage shows, is making it more fun for kids. In 2016, the team at Dressage at Devon decided that it was time to create a great experience for children, to allow them to view world-class horses and their riders, learn something about these magnificent animals, and have fun. Dressage Explorers was born.
This year, Dressage Explorers will take place Sunday, September 30, 2018 and will feature:
- Make and Take Stick Horse: We supply the “horse” and all the trimmings to deck-out your mount for a ride in the famed Dixon Oval – with professional announcers and judges.
- Selfie Scavenger Hunt – Play detective and find the five yellow signs posted throughout the show grounds and take a selfie with each sign. Then head over to the Souvenir Shop to receive an exclusive DAD prize
- Want to learn what really goes into a great performance? Special pricing for headset rental ($10) is available to all participants. And over-ear style personal receive allows you to follow all the commentary of some of the foremost experts in the world of dressage.
- Special exhibitions by regional first responders and other demonstrations of excellence in horsemanship.
- Plus, the day’s performances feature the sport’s rising stars, young riders from 16-25. These include the FEI Pony Freestyle Test, the FEI Young Rider Freestyle and much more.
Performances will appeal to audiences from non-equestrians to amateurs and professionals.
Dressage at Devon features Fall Festival, featuring great food and shopping that appeals to the whole family - equestrians and non-equestrians alike.
From jewelry to art, clothing to saddles, there are boutique-style shops that appeal to everyone!
Ladies Hat Day – a favorite Dressage at Devon tradition – will take place Friday, Sept 28.
General admission tickets are available at the door.
What: Dressage at Devon
When: September 25-30, 2018
Where: 27 Dorset Road, Devon, PA 19333
For tickets: dressageatdevon/box-office.
Posted on Jun 13, 2007
Posted on Jul 25, 2009
Posted on Nov 21, 2014
Posted on Feb 6, 2013