Sabine Schut-Kery and Sanceo Ace the Largest Prix St Georges Class of the AGDF, Wellington, Florida
Saturday, January 24, 2015
Over two days due to the large number of entries, the FEI Prix St. Georges class sponsored by the Chesapeake Dressage Institute produced the top three results all from the USA. Sabine Schut-Kery (USA) won the large class of 48 aboard 2006 Hanoverian stallion Sanceo, scoring a 71.184%. Schut-Kery, who travelled across the country from Horsegate Ranch in Thousand Oaks, California for the second year to participate in the Adequan Global Dressage Festival. In Florida to train with Robert Dover and Debbie McDonald, Kery rides for Alice Womble and Dr. Mike Heitmann. Schut-Kery was thrilled that the pair finished atop the largest class this season at AGDF. "It feels amazing to come out on top in a competition like this. It makes it very exciting, but also helps to keep me focused and in my zone," she said. "I am always trying to find the words to fit how proud I am of him. I love the consistency he gives me and that is what I always strive for in the partnerships with my horses."
The environment, which gives riders many opportunities to expose their horses to new things, is an aspect of the competition that Schut-Kery finds very helpful with Sanceo, "The environment here is so grand and with so many quality riders it is truly a great experience," she continued. "I just want to make sure that I am not doing too much and finding that perfect balance."
Second place was earned by Kasey Perry (USA) riding Goerklintgaards Dublet receiving a 70.947% and Tina Konyot (USA) taking third aboard Wyoming with a 70.921%.
Final Results: FEI Prix St. Georges CDI W, presented by Chesapeake Dressage Institute
Place, Rider, Nationality, Horse, Horse Information: Judge E, Judge H, Judge C, Judge M, Judge B, Total
1. Sabine Schut-Kery (USA), Sanceo, 2006 Hanoverian stallion: 68.553%, 74.211%, 72.105%, 70.000%, 71.0535%, 71.184%
2. Kasey Perry (USA), Goerklintgaards Dublet, 2003 Danish Warmblood gelding: 70.000%, 68.816%, 72.500%, 70.526%, 72.895%, 70.947%
3. Tina Konyot (USA), Wyoming, 2001 Hanoverian gelding: 73.816%, 71.579%, 69.474%, 68.289%, 71.447%, 70.921%
4. Michael Klimke (GER), Fineliner 2, 2006 Westphalian gelding: 69.079%, 73.158%, 69.605%, 69.342%, 71.316%, 70.500%
5. Kim Herslow (USA), Rosmarin, 2005 Hanoverian gelding: 70.395%, 71.974%, 69.605%, 67.895%, 67.763%, 69.526%
6.Christoph Koschel (GER), Leuchtfeurer DE, 2003 Hanoverian gelding: 68.158%, 69.605%, 68.026%, 69.342%, 71.316%, 69.289%
7. Megan Lane (CAN), San D'Or, 2006 Westphalian gelding: 70.132%, 67.763%, 70.000%, 65.658%, 66.316%, 67.974%
8. Olivia LaGoy-Weltz (USA), Rassing's Lonoir, 2004 Danish Warmblood gelding: 67.105%, 67.500%, 67.237%, 66.974%, 68.816%, 67.526%
Shelley Francis And Shannon Dueck Win The Oaks of Lake City Prix St. Georges at Wellington Classic Dressage Challenge I
Posted on Jan 27, 2009
Adrienne Lyle And Wizard Capture The Freestyle At The $120,000 5* West Palm Beach - Presented by Diamante Farms
Posted on Apr 1, 2012
Tinne Vilhelmson-Silfven Wins Again with Don Auriello in FEI Grand Prix Special at AGDF Palm Beach Dressage Derby CDI W
Posted on Mar 2, 2014
Posted on Nov 1, 2016