Protect Your Lifestyle with Our Equine Liability Insurance
Monday, October 21, 2019
Equine-related lawsuits occur more frequently than you may think. And many homeowners’ policies put limits on your equine liability coverage...or simply exclude it altogether! Unlike your homeowners policy, Markel’s private horse owner liability insurance is specifically designed to protect you against claims arising out of bodily injury or property damage caused by your horse, whether on or off your premises.
Not only that, but Markel’s equine liability insurance covers horses, donkeys, and mules for personal use and for show.
Why Private Horse Owners Need Insurance
Insurance specifically designed for the private horse owner.
You might be surprised at how comprehensive our coverage is.
In one case, a Markel client had someone loading hay into a barn when our client’s horse struck the other person’s pickup truck, damaging the truck in several places. Fortunately, our client had a Markel insurance policy to help pay for the repairs.
Another time, a client had their horse off premises in a paddock when someone who wasn’t paying attention walked behind the horse. Not surprisingly, they were kicked and needed surgery. But our client’s Markel policy helped pay for the medical costs.
Private Horse Owner Insurance Coverage
You’ll get coverage for damage and injury, on or off premises.
Based on our long experience insuring livestock, Markel has developed the kind of coverage that works best for most private horse owners.
• Bodily injury and property damage done by a named horse, on or off premises
• Available for horses, donkeys, and mules
• Applies to both personal and/or show use
• Coverage applies on or off premises anywhere in the U.S., Canada, and U.S. territories
• Limits of $300,000 to $1 million available
• General liability aggregate limits are 3 times the liability per occurrence limit
• Medical payments of $5,000 included
• Can be combined with a separate Markel horse mortality policy
• International liability covers your horse if taken outside the continental U.S. to specified countries for shows, exhibitions, etc.
• Coverage available for competition pulling horses
• For extra protection, excess umbrella liability is available with limits up to $10 million
If you would like more information on Private Horse Owner Liability Insurance please call our office or send us an e-mail. Coverage with limits of $1 million per occurrence, and ownership of up to 4 horses, costs less than $300/per year. (*Some restrictions apply)
HorsesDaily's Mary Phelps (email@example.com) is a Markel Equine Insurance Specialist and CSR Tracey Scharf (firstname.lastname@example.org) provide the personal attention needed to help make the lives of their clients smooth and easy when it comes to the process of insuring your farm, equine business or equine mortality needs. While Mary travels to the shows and barns, you can count on Tracey in the office to be available to answer questions and manage the details with ease. 1-386-985-1429