Private Horse Owner Liability
Monday, March 6, 2017
Could your horse kick someone or cause property damage to others? If you own horses but do not operate a commercial horse business, our private horse owner liability policy can protect you against legal claims that your horse caused bodily injury or property damage to someone on or off your premises. For example, if your horse got loose in the road and caused an accident or injured someone at a show, you could be held liable. *Policies start as low as $250.
• Coverage applies on or off premises anywhere in the U.S., Canada, and U.S. territories
• Various limits available
• General liability aggregate limits are 3 times the liability per occurrence limit
• Medical payments up to $5,000 included
• Can be added to your mortality policy
• Coverage is offered for bodily injury and property damage, done only by a horse which is scheduled on this policy. This coverage is not available to individuals involved in commercial equine operations* (example: trail rides, riding instruction, race training, commercial breeding, boarding or leasing of horses which you do not own), or if you own more than 10 horses. If you are involved in a commercial operation, please complete our commercial equine liability application.
*Commercial equine operation where the insured is actively involved in breeding, boarding, training, leasing of horses and/or any activity noted above and receives monetary value or other compensation.
HorsesDaily's Mary Phelps (email@example.com) is a Markel Equine Insurance Specialist and CSR Tracey Scharf (firstname.lastname@example.org) provide the personal attention needed to help make the lives of their clients smooth and easy when it comes to the process of insuring your Farm, business and equine mortality needs. While Mary travels to the shows and barns, you can count on Tracey in the office to be available to answer questions and manage the details with ease. 1-800-572-3286.
Posted on Aug 24, 2017
Posted on Aug 15, 2017
Posted on Nov 13, 2017
Posted on May 27, 2016