Plans Underway for the 2022 Robert Dover USEF Horsemastership Clinic Week
Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Lexington, Ky. – US Equestrian is pleased to announce that the 2022 Robert Dover USEF Horsemastership Clinic Week (RDHCW) will take place January 6-9, 2022, at the Adequan® Global Dressage Festival in Wellington, Fla. Twenty-four athletes will be invited to participate, including up to five wild card spots.
The purpose of the RDHCW is to identify and develop the next generation of U.S. Dressage talent. Training sessions will feature mounted sessions led by internationally acclaimed American athletes and trainers and daily instruction on all facets of horsemanship from experts in their respective fields. Participants will hear lectures from specialists such as veterinarians, farriers, dressage professionals, media staff, and accredited judges. The week will conclude on January 9 with clinic participants riding their tests in front a judge and gaining feedback.
Invitations have been extended to the following athletes:
- The highest-placed U.S. individual medalists from the 2021 FEI North American Youth Championships (NAYC) in the Young Rider and Junior divisions.
- The highest-placed U.S. freestyle medalists from the 2021 NAYC in the Young Rider and Junior divisions.
- Champion and Reserve Champion of the 2021 USEF Young Adult Brentina Cup Dressage National Championship.
- Champion and Reserve Champion from the 2021 Dressage Seat Medal Finals (14-18 division).
- Champion and Reserve Champion from the 2021 Dressage Seat Medal Finals (13 and under division).
- Top three overall highest-placed athletes from the 2021 USEF Junior Dressage National Championship.
- Top three overall highest-placed athletes from the 2021 USEF Young Rider Dressage National Championship.
- Champion and Reserve Champion from the 2021 USEF Children Dressage National Championship.
- Champion and Reserve Champion from the 2021 USEF Pony Rider Dressage National Championship.
To apply for a wild card spot, fill out the application here. The deadline for applications is 11:59 pm, ET on November 5, 2021.
The RDHCW will be reviewed regularly in order to ensure it complies with current USEF and local COVID Guidelines.
For more information, contact Kristen Brett, US Equestrian Director of Dressage Programs, at email@example.com.