Olympic Veterans and Other Stars Set for Inaugural Split Rock Jumping Tour
Saturday, May 9, 2015
Lexington, KY - There's a new buzz in the air around Lexington, KY, "the Horse Capital of the World," as anticipation builds for the debut of the Split Rock Jumping Tour, May 22-24 at Split Rock Farm. The vision of veteran show jumper Derek Braun is about to come to fruition. Promising an "unparalleled show jumping experience" for riders, spectators, and sponsors, the Split Rock Jumping Tour plans to deliver a revolutionary sporting event.
A CSI3* international event at a world-class venue that includes a pristine grass jumping field, top prize money, extravagant awards, and the promise of a unique full-service Rider Hospitality Experience, the Split Rock Jumping Tour has drawn an international group of top competitors, with entries continuing to roll in. Along with a superlative experience, the three star distinction from the FEI allows riders to earn world-ranking points here on American soil.
Among the high-profile show jumpers will be:
- the youngest Olympic equestrian ever and Longines Rising Star Award recipient Reed Kessler;
- Olympic veteran and 10-time American Grand Prix Association Rider of the Year Margie Engle;
- Olympic veteran Pablo Barrios of Venezuela who is representing Hagyard Equine Medical Institute as part of the All-Inclusive Entry Sponsor Package provided at Split Rock;
- Irish Olympic veteran Kevin Babington; and
- most recent winner of the $1,000,000 Great American Million Grand Prix, the first alternate to the 2012 Olympic and 2014 FEI World Equestrian Games U.S. teams, Charlie Jayne.
Joining them in the field are
- 2011 Pan American Games Individual and Team Gold Medalist Christine McCrea;
- 1999 Pan American Games team Silver Medalist and the top U.S. finisher at the 1998 FEI World Equestrian Games Alison Robitaille;
- and the first alternate to the 2010 FEI World Equestrian Games U.S. team, Candice King.
Alongside these venerable names will be a galaxy of young show jumping stars, including 2013 NAJYRC Junior Individual Gold Medalist Eugenio Garza Perez of Mexico; winner of the 2012 Show Jumping Hall of Fame Jumper Classic Series Amateur-Owner Eastern Division, Meagan Nusz; Ali Wolff, who recently rode the only double-clear at the Nations' Cup in Mexico to help clinch the win for the United States; and the winner of the 2015 Nutrena Spring I Grand Prix at Wellington, Kaitlin Campbell.
In addition to the chance to see many of the sport's top horses and riders competing in world-class show jumping competition, spectators will also have the chance to enjoy a variety of boutique shops and food vendors, a Children & Family Festival, a Beer and Wine Garden with live music, as well as free raffles and cash giveaways!
The Split Rock Jumping Tour has partnered with the University of Kentucky Markey Cancer Foundation in which a portion of proceeds from all sales of Split Rock Jumping Tour Hospitality packages will go directly to the University of Kentucky Markey Cancer Foundation to support their programs. Split Rock will also provide staff and patients of the Center with free tickets to attend both horse shows. for more information please visit: https://ukmarkey.org.
For more information visit: www.SplitRockJumpingTour.com or by emailing info@SplitRockJumpingTour.com.
Posted on Feb 11, 2012
Posted on Jul 6, 2014
Posted on Aug 3, 2015
Posted on Aug 10, 2015