NRHA’s Newest Four Million Dollar Sire: Magnum Chic Dream
Friday, October 21, 2016
Oklahoma City, Okla. - The National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) would like to congratulate Magnum Chic Dream on becoming NRHA’s Newest Four Million Dollar Sire. Reaching his Three Million Dollar Sire status in 2015, Magnum Chic Dream has continued to sire elite offspring. This 1998 stallion is by NRHA Hall of Fame inductee and Six Million Dollar Sire Smart Chic Olena and out of Sailin Barbee (by NRHA Hall of Famer and Million Dollar Sire Topsail Cody) owned by Viola Scott.
In the show pen, Magnum Chic Dream’s highlights include:
- 1999 NRHA Futurity Open finalist, Intermediate Open finalist, and Limited Open Reserve Champion with NRHA Professional Patti Brownshadel
- 2000 NRHA Derby Intermediate Open Co-Reserve Champion with Patti Brownshadel
- 2001 NRHA Open Top Ten fourth place and 2004 AQHA Senior Reining World Champion with NRHA Professional Casey Hinton.
Two of Magnum Chic Dream’s top five offspring took home the coveted NRHA Derby titles in June. The 2016 NRHA Open Futurity Champion was Magnum Starlight (out of Starlights Sugarwhiz) ridden by NRHA Million Dollar Rider Casey Deary, owned by Antler Ridge Ranch LLC, and nominated by George Lawrence. Winning the Level 3 Non Pro, Prime Time and the Masters Non Pro divisions was Frederick Christen and Msdreamy (out of A Gal With A Gun) who was bred by Jana Simons.
This Four Million Dollar Sire’s offspring have earned more than $4,006,500. Magnum Chic Dream’s highest earning offspring include:
- Taris Dreamer (NRHA LTE:$179,072)
- Lil Magnum Jessie (NRHA LTE:$166,274)
- Msdreamy (NRHA LTE:$151,848)
- Chicsdundreamin (NRHA LTE:$150,929)
- Magnum Starlights (NRHA LTE:$144,316)
Posted on Dec 3, 2015
Posted on Mar 20, 2018
Posted on Jul 25, 2018
Posted on Apr 26, 2013