Martin Dockx (ESP) and Grandioso III Top an International Line Up in the FEI Grand Prix Special
Sunday, January 25, 2015
Spain, Sweden and Germany held the top three placings in the Grand Prix Special beneath the lights at the International Ring at the Adequan® Global Dressage Festival (AGDF). Jose Daniel Martin Dockx (ESP) performed a lovely test with Grandioso, a 1999 P.R.E. stallion, in the Week 3 FEI Grand Prix Special presented by the US P.R.E. Association. The duo scored a 72.864% to take home the win. Tinne Vilhelmson-Silfven (SWE) and Divertimento placed second on a score of 70.647% with Christoph Koschel (GER) and Tiesto coming in third scoring a 69.471%. Dockx was very pleased with the way Grandioso handled the atmosphere under the lights, an unusual circumstance for the class. The large number of entries in the Intermediaire 1 class forced the FEI Grand Prix Special to run later in the day than usual. "I have a horse with great character, and he didn't seem to care," commented Dockx on riding underneath the lights. "It was actually better because the day of the Grand Prix he was very warm which made me a little scared it could be too much for him. Tonight it was a little cooler, and he doesn't seem to care if it is day or night."
Click here to see the winning ride for Martin Dockx and Grandioso!
As for their test, Dockx was happy with the mostly mistake-free week the pair has had and saw improvement in their tempi changes in the Grand Prix Special. "I was very happy with the one-tempis because in the last two or three shows I always miss one or two changes and this weekend we didn't miss one. It is difficult for him to do the tempis on the centerline, and he did very well with it today," he continued.
Vilhelmson-Silvfen and Divertimento had a lovely test, placing them second in the large class. The pair, who has had a very successful beginning to their 2015 season, continues to improve with each outing. "I am quite happy with him after tonight. I was a bit worried about riding him in the dark under the lights, but he took it very well," she smiled. "He was very nice to ride today and we had a fault free test, so I am always very happy with that."
"I was very pleased with his pirouettes today and also that there were no mistakes in the tempis. He can get a bit nervous and they can be difficult and I'm happy we did them without any bobbles. We had a mistake in the Grand Prix so I was glad that we were able to go mistake-free there today," said Vilhelmson-Silvfen when describing her ride on the big Westphalian gelding.
Final Results: FEI Grand Prix Special CDI W, presented by US P.R.E. Association
Place, Rider, Nationality, Horse, Horse Information: Judge E, Judge H, Judge C, Judge M, Judge B, Total
1. Jose Daniel Martin Dockx (ESP), Grandioso, 1999 P.R.E. stallion, Adelante x Grandiosa x Sevillano IX : 71.569%, 72.647%, 75.106%, 71.863%, 73.137%, 72.864%
2. Tinne Vilhelmson-Silfven (SWE), Divertimento, 2002 Westphalian gelding, Di Versace x Fatima x Farragamo: 67.745%, 71.176, 71.471%, 73.137%, 69.706%, 70.647%
3.Christoph Koschel (GER), Tiesto, 2000 Dutch Warmblood gelding, Gribaldi x Nadie x Ferro: 70.098%, 70.098%, 68.431%, 68.824%, 69.902%, 69.471%
4. Arlene Page (USA), Woodstock, 2003 Dutch Warmblood gelding, Havel x Mirania x Contango: 69.706%, 66.667%, 68.529%, 67.941%, 68.235%, 68.216%
5. Carrie Schopf (ARM), Sancisco OLD, 2001 Oldenburg stallion, Sandro Song x Rosenfee x Rohdiamant: 66.471%, 64.902%, 68.922%, 68.333%, 65.882% 66.902%
6. Lisa Wilcox (USA), Pikko del Cerro HU, 2003 Hanoverian stallion, Pik L x Rohweena x Rohdiamont: 65.686%, 67.059%, 67.157%, 65.490%, 67.157%, 66.510%
7. Anna Marek (USA), Unico G, 2001 Dutch Warmblood gelding, Negro x Kleora x Animo: 67.941%, 65.392%, 67.843%, 66.275%, 65.000%, 66.490%
8. Alice Tarjan (USA), Elfenfeuer, 2007 Oldenburg mare, Florencio x Elfensonne x Sion: 65.784%, 67.157%, 70.000%, 66.863%, 61.471%, 66.255%
Posted on Oct 30, 2013
Posted on Apr 7, 2013
Posted on Dec 13, 2011
Posted on Aug 2, 2016