Leida Collins-Strijk and Zantros Conclude AGDF 10 with Victory in the FEI Intermediaire I Freestyle
Monday, March 21, 2016
Wellington, FL - Leida Collins-Strijk (NED) and Zantros finished with a win in the FEI Intermediaire I Freestyle CDI 1*, presented by Mike & Roz Collins, on the final day of competition of week ten at the Adequan Global Dressage Festival (AGDF), scoring a 73.250%. Lindsay Kellock (CAN) and Royal Prinz followed in second place with a 72.250%, while Christer Egerstrom (CRC) and Bello Oriente collected third place earning a 70.750%. AGDF will conclude with its final week of competition on March 30-April 2.
Collins-Strijk has been a dominant force in Small Tour competition with both of her mounts, Zantros and Don Tignanello. Zantros, a 2004 Dutch Warmblood gelding (Krack C x Hinde-Utopia), performed a solid test with Collins-Strijk in the irons today, even though Collins-Strijk noted he was a bit behind her leg during the test.
"Today was the first time that [Zantros and I have] done the freestyle this season. I was waiting to see if it was going to fit with him, but because I know the music really well I felt like it was good," said Collins-Strijk. "I think he was a little bit tired today because of the weather this week and they've been here a lot, but that's what I felt."
Collins-Strijk has found incredible consistency with both of her mounts, and Don Tignanello has been a breakout star this season.
"He was very good this week too, just a little bit tired also. It's the end of the season and they've been in the ring a lot at this point. They both really tried this week and I'm proud of them, even though that sparkle may have been off a little bit," she continued.
Collins-Strijk praised Zantros for his quality trot, which always receives good marks from the judges during their test. She detailed, "He has a really nice trot. It's very light and elegant, and you can get that swing in the half passes. It's where he really scores well."
This week also served as a special competition for Collins-Strijk, as Mike and Roz Collins, essential members of team Collins-Strijk, sponsored the entire Small Tour division, in which Collins-Strijk won all three classes. "It was very cool I thought. It was great and it doesn't always work out like that, but this time it did and I was very pleased," she smiled.
For more information on AGDF please visit www.globaldressagefestival.com.
Final Results: FEI Intermediaire I Freestyle CDI 1*, presented by Mike & Roz Collins Place,
1. Leida Collins-Strijk (NED), Zantros, 2004 Dutch Warmblood gelding by Krack C x Hinde-Utopia x Woflgang owned by Leida Collins-Strijk: 75.000%, 72.125%, 72.625%, 73.250%
2. Lindsay Kellock (CAN), Royal Prinz, 2001 Oldeburg stallion by Royal Diamond x Mystica x Dream of Glory owned by Teresa Simmons: 72.625%, 72.625%, 71.500%, 72.250%
3. Christer Egerstrom (CRC), Bello Oriente, 2004 Oldenburg gelding by Belissimo M x Maradonna x Donnerhall owned by Christer Egerstrom: 71.625%, 70.625%, 70.000% 70.750%
4. Naima Moreira Laliberte (CAN), Sancerre, 2006 Oldenburg stallion by Sir Donnerhall x Walkina x Unknown owned by Fiducie Naga Trust: 70.000%, 70.750%, 71.375%, 70.708%
5. Heather Blitz (USA), Ripline, 2008 Danish Warmblood stallion by Hotline x Riviera x Cavan owned by Oak Hill Ranch: 70.625%, 71.125%, 69.875%, 70.542%
6. Katharina Stumpf (AUT), For My Love, 2001 Hanoverian gelding by For Feeling x Escudine x Escudo I owned by Katharina Stumpf: 69.875%, 71.125%, 68.375%, 69.792%
7. Michael Klimke (GER), Royal Dancer 33, 2006 Hanoverian gelding by Royal Blend x Lipton Ice x Le Primeur owned by Michael Klimke: 68.375%, 70.875%, 69.500%, 69.583%
8. Evi Strasser (CAN), Rigaudon Tyme, 2004 Oldenburg gelding by Rosario x Carmen x Calypso II owned by Evi Strasser: 70.500%, 67.750%, 68.750%, 69.000%
Posted on Jul 3, 2014
Posted on Dec 20, 2015
Posted on Feb 3, 2017
Posted on Sep 16, 2011