Laura Tomlinson (GBR) and Unique Two for Two in Their First Week at AGDF, Taking Home the Win in the FEI Intermediaire I CDI I* Presented by Mission Control
Saturday, February 7, 2015
Laura Tomlinson (GBR) and Unique were two for two this weekend in their first week at the 2015 The Adequan Global Dressage Festival, taking home the win in the FEI Intermediaire I CDI I* class presented by Mission Control, scoring a 74.632%. The pair, who have had a strong start to their 2015 season here in Florida, will only look to improve this year as Tomlinson begins to prep the mare for Olympic qualifications for Rio de Janeiro in 2016. "My goal is ultimately Rio and the other competitions between now and then are stepping stones to that point," she explained. "When I have her at a point where I feel like she's comfortable with the Grand Prix tests, I will say yes to being on a team, and if not and she needs more fine-tuning, then that's fine too. Rio is the name of the game, and everything has to be done with that in mind." Diane Creech (CAN) and Robbie W continued their success today in the Small Tour classes as the pair placed third in the FEI Prix St. Georges CDI 1* sponsored by Mission Control yesterday and capped off today with another top three finish, coming in second with a 73.368%. Creech had nothing but wonderful things to say about "Robbie" and his owners, Doug and Louise Leatherdale.
"This was a personal best for us today. Robbie is just such a great guy, and he's so talented and has the biggest heart," she expressed. "Doug and Louise bought him almost five years ago, and I'm so grateful for them to give me a chance to ride a horse like this. They're the best people ever, and they really love the horses. It is incredible to have their support. It's really like a big family."
The fifth week of the AGDF continues tomorrow with the FEI Grand Prix Special for the CDI 3* and CDI 5* divisions.
Final Results FEI CDI1* Intermediaire 1 presented by Mission Control
Place, Rider, Nationality, Horse, Horse Information: Judge E%, Judge H%, Judge C%, Judge M%, Judge B%, Total%
1. Laura Tomlinson (GBR), Unique, 2004 Holsteiner mare, Carpaccio x Grana x Lord: 73.421%, 75.526%, 74.605%, 74.474%, 75.132%, 74.632%
2. Diane Creech (CAN), Robbie W, 2003 Oldenburg gelding, Rubin Royal x Rolling Home x Inschallah: 72.368%, 72.105%, 74.421%, 76.447%, 72.500%, 73.368%
3. Olivia LaGoy-Weltz (USA), Rassing's Lonoir, 2004 Danish Warmblood gelding, De Noir x Lorani x Loran: 72.895%, 70.658%, 73.289%, 72.895%, 74.868%, 72.921%,
4. Dawn White-O'Connor (USA), Aristo, 2005 Dutch Warmblood gelding, Olivi x Selina x Krack C: 71.579%, 70.921%, 74.605%, 73.158%, 74.211%, 72.895%
5. Michael Klimke (GER), Djamba Djokiba, 2007 Westphalian gelding, Damon Hill x Whoopy x Wessex: 72.368%, 71.184%, 71.974%, 73.816%, 72.237%, 72.316%
6. Belinda Trussell (CAN): Tattoo 15, 2003 Westphalian gelding, Tuareg x Renaissance x Ramio's Son: 70.658% 69.211%, 71.316%, 72.632%, 70.526%, 70.868%
7. Chris Von Martels (CAN), Zilverstar, 2004 Dutch Warmblood gelding, Rosseau x Hutricia x Rossini: 70.658%, 70.395%, 69.605%, 69.868%, 70.789%, 70.263%
8. Diane Creech (CAN), Hallmark 3, 2004 Hanoverian gelding, His Highness x Lapislazuly x Laucier: 70.263%, 68.553%, 71.316%, 70.000%, 68.684%, 69.763%
To learn more about the Adequan® Global Dressage Festival and for schedules and ride times, please visit www.globaldressagefestival.com for more information. The FEI CDI5*/3*/1* competition will continue through Sunday February 5, 2015.
About the Adequan Global Dressage Festival:
The Adequan Global Dressage Festival (AGDF) is one of the world's largest international and national dressage circuits featuring 7 FEI Dressage events, including a 5* and the only FEI Nations' Cup Series CDIO in the Western Hemisphere. The AGDF offers more than $650,000 in prize money for the seven international competitions, making it one of the richest circuits in the world. The Stadium at Palm Beach International Equestrian Center facility includes the Van Kampen covered arena (made possible by Kimberly and Frederic Boyer and family) and four outdoor arenas with world-class footing, 200 permanent stalls, and a VIP seating area.
Posted on Jul 26, 2013
Posted on Sep 7, 2014
Posted on Aug 25, 2013
Posted on Mar 22, 2017