Lars Petersen and Svalegards De Luxe Claim FEI Prix St. Georges CDI 1* presented by YellowBird Farm
Thursday, March 31, 2016
Wellington, FL- Lars Petersen (DEN) and Svalegards De Luxe performed impressively in their first FEI CDI competition together this season, earning the win in the FEI Prix St. Georges CDI 1* presented by YellowBird Farm today at AGDF with a 71.763%. Jane Cleveland (USA) and Monique finished in second with a 68.868%, while Jennifer Baumert (USA) and Ramiro finished in third place, just behind Cleveland with a 68.816%.
Petersen is very familiar with Svalegards De Luxe, a 2008 Danish Warmblood gelding (De Noir x Stjerne Askelund) since owner Jane Wareham purchased him as a six-year-old to bring up the levels under Petersen's guidance.
"The horse is turning nine this year, and I got him for Jane as her horse. I've been riding him with her since she bought him. She's going away for her job, and asked if I would show him for her a little bit so that's what we're doing," said Petersen.
"He has good gaits, and he's a good temperament. That was really was important for us but also nice to look at when we went to try him. Those were some of the reasons, but he was just turning six when she bought him so he was pretty young," he explained. "He's very talented, and I'm excited to have the ride on him for myself for a little bit."
It was the first international competition for the pair and also Svalegards De Luxe's first appearance back at AGDF in a substantial period of time, as he has mostly been in training with Petersen and Wareham. With correct gaits and a tremendous presence, Petersen is looking forward to watching the gelding progress through the levels over the course of the season.
"We'll see how far he can go, but he definitely has the potential for Large Tour, for sure. I was mostly impressed that he went around," laughed Petersen. "He hasn't been off the grounds for nearly two years other than a national show I did with him, but that's different."
"He was a little bit tense here and there, but that was expected and I think he handled it great. He tried very hard and I think we had some dumb little mistakes, but all of the difficult stuff he did really well," explained Petersen, who was thoroughly impressed with his new mounts acclimation to an intense competition atmosphere. "We will start to work on the piaffe and passage a bit more and getting his topline stronger over the next few weeks and stuff like that. I really think that is the most important."
Competition at AGDF continues tomorrow with the FEI Grand Prix CDI 3* presented by Harmony Sporthorses, along with the FEI Intermediaire I CDIO 3* and FEI Grand Prix Special CDIO 3* presented by Stillpoint Farm. For more information and to see a full weekly schedule, please visit www.globaldressagefestival.com.
FEI Prix St. Georges CDI 1* presented by YellowBird Farm:
1. Lars Petersen (DEN), Svalegards De Luxe, 2008 Danish Warmblood gelding by De Noir x Stjerne Askelund x Pari-Ace Dane owned by Jane Wareham: 70.395%, 71.447%, 73.158% 70.921%, 72.895%, 71.763%
2. Jane Cleveland (USA), Monique, 2009 Danish Warmblood mare by Temptation x Kaprice x Matador owned by Jane Cleveland: 69.474%, 65.921%, 70.132%, 69.211%, 69.605%, 68.868%
3. Jennifer Baumert (USA), Ramiro, 2007 Danish Warmblood gelding by Don Romantic x Ramona x Rambo owned by Jennifer Baumert: 67.763%, 67.895%, 69.474%, 67.237%, 71.711%, 68.816%
4. Neve Myburgh (GER), Belissima 23, 2004 Oldenburg mare by Belissimo M x Walzerlied x Donnerhall owned by Joanne Trout: 71.184%, 66.711%, 68.026%, 69.079%, 68.026%, 68.605%
5. Katie Robicheaux (USA), Avignon T, 2005 Dutch Warmblood gelding by United x Ushi Danka T x Negro owned by Katie Robicheau: 68.421%, 67.895%, 65.921%, 68.421%, 69.737%, 68.079%
6. Rebecca Cowden (CAN), Arami, 2003 Danish Warmblood gelding by Akinos x FasPari x Fanal Prydsholm owned by Pam Wildman: 69.342%, 66.184%, 66.947% 67.632%, 69.868%, 68.000%
7. Bebe Davis (USA), Feivel Mousekewitz, 2001 Hanoverian gelding by Federweisser x Saninni x Singular Joter owned by Michael Davis: 68.158%, 70.395%, 65.789%, 66.974%, 67.500%, 67.763%
8. Evi Strasser (CAN), Rigaudon Tyme, 2004 Oldenburg gelding by Rosario x Carmen x Calypso II owned by Evi Strasser: 68.947%, 65.921%, 68.421%, 67.237%, 68.026%, 67.711%
Posted on Aug 29, 2017
Posted on Aug 26, 2017
Posted on Jun 22, 2016
Posted on Jul 9, 2016