Juan Matute and Dhannie Ymas Finish the Season in Style
Sunday, March 26, 2017
Wellington, FL - The 2017 Adequan® Global Dressage Festival (AGDF) concluded on Saturday, March 25, at the Equestrian Village at Palm Beach International Equestrian Center (PBIEC) in Wellington, FL, with a victory for Juan Matute Guimon (ESP) in the FEI Intermediaire I Freestyle CDI 3*, presented by Yellow Bird Farm.
19-year-old Matute and Dhannie Ymas, a 2007 Hanoverian gelding (Don Crusador x Welina) owned by Yeguada de Ymas S.L., climbed to the top of the leaderboard in the FEI Intermediaire I Freestyle CDI 3*, presented by Yellow Bird Farm, with an impressive score of 75.050%.
"I was very pleased to not only finish first in the last ride of the season," said Matute, "but also with the feeling overall. It was quite good, and I'm trying to find a balance with how much power I should ask for without losing the softness and relaxation. I believe that today with Dhannie I approached that balance well, and I believe that this ride reflected that."
Commenting on his winter season, Matute continued, "I have four horses that I competed at the FEI level, and they all had very valuable seasons, and I think that we all progressed a lot. I have to keep in mind that these are all horses I was riding in the Juniors not so long ago. For example, last night was only Quantico Ymas' second freestyle under the lights and two years ago, I was doing Young Riders with him. The amount of progress that we have been able to make in such a short period of time is unbelievable. It gives me goosebumps, and I'm very proud of the work we are putting in, as well as the results we are getting back out."
Diane Creech (CAN) and Robbie W, a 2003 Oldenburg gelding (Rubin Royal x Rolling Home x Inschallah) owned by Louise Leatherdale, earned a 74.350%, landing them with the second-place spot. Third place went to Catherine Malone (USA) and Dilona, a 2008 KWPN mare (Lord Leatherdale x Vajda x Kennedy) owned by Iron Spring Farm, with 72.875%.
Today's competition concluded the 2017 Adequan® Global Dressage Festival (AGDF) circuit at Palm Beach International Equestrian Center (PBIEC). For more information on AGDF and for information regarding the 2018 season, please visit www.globaldressagefestival.com.
Final Results: FEI Intermediaire I Freestyle CDI 3*, presented by Yellow Bird Farm
Place, Rider, Nationality, Horse, Horse Information: Judge E%, Judge H%, Judge C%, Judge M%, Judge B%, Total %
1. Juan Matute Guimon (ESP), Dhannie Ymas, 2007 Hanoverian gelding by Don Crusador x Welina, owned by Yeguada de Ymas S.L.: 75.250%, 75.375%, 75.000%,74.000%, 75.625%, 75.050%
2. Diane Creech (CAN), Robbie W, 2003 Oldenburg gelding by Rubin Royal x Rolling Home x Inschallah, owned by Louise Leatherdale: 73.750%, 74.125%, 70.375%, 76.875%, 76.625%, 74.350%
3. Catherine Malone (USA), Dilona, 2008 KWPN mare by Lord Leatherdale x Vajda x Kennedy, owned by Iron Spring Farm: 71.375, 69.000%, 72.500%, 76.125%, 75.375%, 72.875%
4. Neve Myburgh (GER), Belissima 23, 2004 Oldenburg mare by Belissimo M x Walzerlied x Donnerhall, owned by Joanne Trout: 71.625%, 70.500%, 73.625%, 73.250%, 74.125%, 72.625%
5. Adrienne Lyle (USA), Harmony's Duval, 2008 KWPN gelding by Rosseau x Riverman, owned by Kylee Lourie: 70.875%, 72.500%, 70.750%, 71.500%, 77.000%, 72.525%
6. Kathy Priest (USA), Fredensdals Zig Zag, 2008 Danish Warmblood gelding by Blue Hors Zack x Kristiansmindes Elektra x Blue Hors Don Scherzo, owned by Kathy Priest: 70.500%, 71.375%, 68.500%, 69.125%, 69.625%, 69.825%
7. Katharina Stumpf (AUT), For My Love, 2011 Hanoverian gelding by For Feeling x Escudine x Escudo I, owned by Katharina Stumpf: 68.875%, 68.750%, 69.250%, 70.250%, 68.625%, 69.150%
8. Katie Robicheaux (USA), Avignon T, 2005 KWPN gelding by United x Negro, owned by Katie Robicheaux: 70.750%, 67.500%, 66.875%, 71.000%, 68.375%, 68.900%
Posted on Mar 2, 2010
Posted on Nov 17, 2017
Posted on Jul 21, 2014
Posted on Apr 18, 2015