Jaimey Irwin and Donegal V Capture Second Wellington Victory
Monday, January 30, 2017
Wellington, FL - Jaimey Irwin (CAN) and Donegal V captured another win on Sunday in the FEI Intermediate I Freestyle, presented by Chesapeake Dressage Institute, on the final day of week three, presented by U.S. PRE Association, at the Adequan® Global Dressage Festival (AGDF).
The circuit, which is held at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center (PBIEC), in Wellington, FL, resumes February 9-12 with the CDI 5* presented by Diamante Farms; CDI 3*, presented by Wellington Equestrian Realty; and CDI 1*, presented by Engel & Völkers. The 2017 AGDF hosts seven CDI events, two CPEDI competitions, and national shows through March 25.
Week three concluded with a win for Jaimey Irwin (CAN) and Donegal V, a 2008 Dutch Warmblood gelding (Johnston x Remy x Gribaldi) owned by Team Irwin Supporters Group, in the FEI Intermediate I Freestyle, presented by Chesapeake Dressage Institute, with a score of 75.475%.
"He felt like he was dancing with the music which was a lot of fun, and I was really happy with him overall," said Irwin, of Donegal V and his 80's inspired Freestyle ride. "He felt really good today. I thought that it was a really nice ride."
The pair earned another victory earlier in the week in the FEI Prix St. Georges - CDI 1*, presented by Chesapeake Dressage Institute.
Commenting on Donegal V's future, Irwin said, "I'd like to do a few more of the small tour competitions this season, but he's training and working toward the Grand Prix so ideally I'd like to try I-2 and then maybe Grand Prix at some point at the end of the season."
Coming in second to Irwin was Nicole Levy (USA) and Floratina, a 2008 Hanoverian mare by Fidertantz, owned by Kate Sanders, with a score of 71.400%. Third place was awarded to Kathy Priest (USA) and Fredensdals Zig Zag, a 2008 Danish Warmblood gelding (Blue Hors Zack x Kristiansmindes Elektra xBlue Hors Don Scherzo) owned by Priest, with a score of 70.275%.
Competition at AGDF resumes February 9-12 with the CDI 5* presented by Diamante Farms; CDI 3*, presented by Wellington Equestrian Realty; and CDI 1*, presented by Engel & Völkers.
Next week at the AGDF show grounds, the $100,000 Land Rover Wellington Eventing Showcase will take place on February 3-4. For more information on that event, visit www.PBIEC.com.
For more information and to see a full list of results from AGDF, please visit www.globaldressagefestival.com.
Final Results: FEI Intermediate 1 Freestyle CDI 1*, presented by Chesapeake Dressage Institute
Place, Rider, Nationality, Horse, Horse Information: Judge E%, Judge H%, Judge C%, Judge M%, Judge B%, Total %
1. Jaimey Irwin (CAN), Donegal V, 2008 Dutch Warmblood gelding by Johnston x Remy x Gribaldi owned by Team Irwin Supporters Group: 72.625%, 77.000%, 76.250%, 77.000%, 74.500%, 75.475%
2. Nicole Levy (USA), Floratina, 2008 Hanoverian mare by Fidertantz owned by Kate Sanders: 74.125%, 68.250%, 69.375%, 72.375%, 72.875%, 71.400%
3. Kathy Priest (USA), Fredensdals Zig Zag, 2008 Danish Warmblood gelding by Blue Hors Zack x Kristiansmindes Elektra x Blue Hors Don Scherz owned by Kathy Priest: 69.625%, 68.750%, 71.875%, 70.125%, 71.000%, 70.275%
4. Katharina Stumpf (AUT), For My Love, 2011 Hanoverian gelding by For Feeling x Escudine x Escudo I owned by Katharina Stumpf: 71.875%, 73.750%, 66.000%, 69.125%, 69.750%, 70.100%
5. Evi Strasser (CAN), Rigaudon Tyme, Oldenburg gelding by Rosano owned by Evi Strasser: 68.875%, 68.625%, 68.500%, 69.375%, 69.375%, 68.950%
6. Jessica Rhinelander (CAN), Dimanche, 2008 KWPN owned by Jessica Rhinelander: 66.750%, 68.375%, 69.500%, 70.125%, 66.750%, 68.300%
7. Jane Cleveland (USA), Monique, 2009 Danish Warmblood mare by Temptation x Kaprice x Matador owned by Jane Cleveland: 69.500%, 69.000%, 64.625%, 68.125%, 68.500%, 67.950%
8. Lindsay Kellock (CAN), Royal Prinz, 2001 Oldenburg stallion by Royal Diamond x Mystica x Dream of Glory owned by Teresa Simmons: 65.625%, 66.125%, 68.750%, 69.625%, 67.875%, 67.600%
Posted on Sep 7, 2017
Posted on Jul 28, 2017
Posted on Jun 17, 2008
Posted on Sep 16, 2017