Iron Spring Farm's Rampal Passes On
Thursday, November 26, 2009
"Rampal was an incredible partner," remembers his rider and owner Mary Alice Malone. "He was a gifted athlete and we were able to share some memorable experiences together." The pair had 14 wins at the Grand Prix level, including the NEDA CDI-W, USET Festival of Champions, AHSA Region 1 Championships, CBLM Championships and Royal Dressage CDI. Their success resulted in being short-listed for the United States Equestrian Team.
Rampal was born in 1983 and imported to the United States by Five Star Farm as a four-year-old. In 1987 he was presented at the KWPN keuring where he was licensed. His score of 93 on his IBOP is still among the highest scores recorded. Among the impressive numbers: a 9 on his walk; 8 on trot; 8.5 canter; 9 rideability and a 9 on character and temperament. Rampal arrived at Iron Spring Farm in 1991 and began his competition career with Mary Alice. He was awarded the prestigious Crown predicate for dressage performance in 1999.
Rampal's athletic ability can be attributed to his impressive international bloodlines. He is a son of the legendary Ramiro Z, who has produced more than 50 world-ranked jumpers and dressage horses. Rampal's mother, the Preferent, Prestatie mare Terika, not only produced Rampal, but also the international Grand Prix mare Miss Holland, the Preferent mare Cantira and Prix St. Georges horses Elios and Flair.
Rampal has produced 40 1st Premium offspring, 25 Star sons and daughters and three Keur mares. Among the highlights:
- Ovation ISF, CSIO Rome, 1st place, Puissance, multiple Grand Prix placings
- Beaumont ISF Star, 2008 and 2006 Colt and Gelding Champion, Dressage at Devon; #3 ranked KWPN-NA Top Five Award, Dressage Gelding, 2009
- Peso, aka Quaker, Multiple Champion or Reserve Champion in First Year and Second Year Green Hunter at shows such as HITS Saugerties, Vermont Summer Festival, The Pines, Westbrook Hunt Club, etc.
- J' ySuis, Champion Mare, Dressage at Devon
- Lanita, Grand Champion, Dressage at Devon
- Rossignol ISF, Region VIII Champion 4th Level, JR/YR
- Roulette, Kudra and Luninarc, Grand Prix dressage horses
- Malachi, Notre Jean Valjean, Rossignol ISF, Guardian, Notorious, Prix St. Georges/Intermediaire I horses
Malone continues, "I'm very proud of the horses that Rampal produced. They have inherited his athletic ability, his heart and his great temperament. He's the type of horse that breeders want to have in their breeding program. I'm very grateful to have had the opportunity to ride, show and know such an amazing horse."
For more information about Rampal and to view photo galleries of him and his offspring, visit www.ironspringfarm.com. Frozen semen available.
About Iron Spring Farm
For more than 30 years, Iron Spring Farm has been importing and breeding high quality sport horses. Iron Spring stands nearly a dozen warmblood and Friesian stallions and offers programs to help breeders produce, raise and market exceptional athletes of their own. Visit www.ironspringfarm.com for complete information.
Posted on Sep 10, 2015
Posted on Aug 24, 2015
Posted on Dec 6, 2015
Posted on Nov 19, 2016