Horse Transportation Specialist Jim Welsh Offers Discount to Dressagedaily Viewers
Friday, March 13, 2009
Act Now and Save on Shipping! For a limited time, DressageDaily’s Virtual Vendor Jim Welsh, owner of elitehorsetransport.com is offering discounted rates to our visitors, just be sure to mention DressageDaily when contacting them at 888-477-0100 and on Jimmy's cell - 540-878-6777. Now is the time for those heading north after the Dressage in Florida season to book transport, and with Elite Horse Transport you not only get a great ride, but a great rate from our friend Jimmy “The man when you want to put your horse on a van.”
Elite Horse Transport operates out of Waco, Kentucky (near Lexington) with a fleet of large and comfortable air ride vans, and a staff of experienced and friendly horsemen who know their job and cares about how your horse will reach his destination. While their routes are primarily from New York, Virginia and Kentucky they also include all points in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, Welsh’s Cold Spring Run near the Kentucky Horse Park, is a haven for layovers, rehabs, and retirees.
Frequesntly Asked Questions for Transporting Your Horse
- How do I book a shipment?
Contact us at 888-477-0100 or complete our Online Quote and we will respond with in 24 hours. Be sure to mention DressageDaily for special consideration in pricing.
- What are the terms and conditions for a shipment?
The terms and conditions are outlined in the Transport Agreement.
- How do I pay?
Payment is accepted by personal check, cash, or credit card. All payments must be cleared by the time the horse is dropped off.
- What if I need to cancel?
Please see the Transport Agreement. for our Cancellation Policy.
- Will my horse be insured?
- Elite Horse Transport carries $1000.00 of accidental mortality insurance per horse. If you wish to purchase additional insurance for transport
- What type of equipment do you use?
We operate 15 horse, air ride tractor trailer combinations. For shorter trips we sometimes use an air ride horse van.
- What are the accessibility requirements for your equipment?
Our tractor trailers are over seventy feet long and thirteen feet high. If you are unsure if your facility can accommodate a tractor trailer please let us know ahead of time.
- How should I prepare my horse?
We recommend that you consult your veterinarian regarding the individual needs of your horse.
- How often do you stop during a trip?
We stop at least every 5 hours. During warmer months stops are made more frequently. Water is offered and the horses are given a chance to relax and urinate.
- Will you take off my horses blankets?
Of course! We do whatever it takes to make sure your horse is comfortable throughout the trip.
- Can I ship tack or other items with my horse?
- We expect some equipment to accompany your horse. If you plan on shipping more than a trunk please let us know ahead of time.
- Can you accommodate special instructions for my horse?
Absolutely. Please let us know what special needs your horse has and we will work with you to make sure they are met.
Can I check on my horse during the trip?
- Yes. Our drivers can be reached by cellular phone at anytime during the trip. We also check e-mail during most fuel stops with our on board computers.
- What paper work do I need?
You will need a Coggins and a health certificate. The health certificate is only valid for 30 days.
- How large is the stall my horse will travel in?
- Most horses typically ship in a stall and a half. For additional information on stall sizes and availability, please review the Transport Agreement..
- Where will my horse stay en route?
- If a layover is necessary we have various facilities that we use throughout the country. If you would like your horse layed over on a long trip please let us know when you book your shipment
- What might cause an extra charge?
Please see the Transport Agreement..
- [#25739 override="Elite Horse Transport Donates to Equestrian Aid Fundraiser" title="Elite Horse Transport Donates to Equestrian Aid Fundraiser"]
- [#26051 override="Meet The Man at the Wheel at Elite Horse Transport LLC .......Jim Welsh and His Family " title="Meet The Man at the Wheel at Elite Horse Transport LLC .......Jim Welsh and His Family "]