Get your Entries in:
Lendon Gray and Dressage4Kids, Inc. present the 15th Annual Youth Dressage Festival – Saugerties, NY, Friday, July 12 to Sunday, July 14, 2013, a USDF Region 8 Youth Team Competition, Qualifying Show for the 2013 Children of the Americas Dressage Invitational (CADI) at Hits on the Hudson Show Grounds -- Saugerties, New York. OPENING DATE FOR ENTRIES: May 14, 2013 and CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES: Entries must be RECEIVED by June 10, 2013. [CLICK HERE] FOR PRIZE LIST
Lendon Gray said, “It’s great to see the smiles and enthusiasm during the Dressage4Kids Youth Dressage Festival. All together the kids may compete, but really they are working hard together all while learning great things in the process. Come take part in a strong foundation building event.“Education and Entertainment:
There will be demonstrations throughout the show.
- There may be opportunities to “Sit with the Judge” and to practice judge.
- The Braley Gray and Corinne Gray awards and demonstrations are planned for Saturday evening.
- Saturday evening dinner is available for purchase to parents/guests attending the evening’s festivities.
- A free Pizza Party for competitors and siblings will be held at the same time as the dinner. Dinner reservations should be made on the Entry Form, and payment enclosed.
- Concession food will be available from 7 a.m. each day.
- A Parent/Trainer reception will be held on Friday evening in the Food Court Pavilion while competitors are taking the written test in the VIP Pavilion.
The FEI age rule applies, which is the age the rider reaches in the calendar year. For example, if the rider becomes 21 years old in 2013, the rider is eligible, but if the rider becomes 22 years old in 2013, the rider is not. If the rider turns 12 anytime in the year 2013, the rider is considered to be 12 for the show.
Scores to Qualify: Rider needs one score of 55% or higher from any USEF, FEI or USEA dressage test of the level or a higher level from June 9, 2012 to June 10, 2013.Cover Art Contest (Deadline May 24, 2013)
- A drawing by anyone under 21 will be chosen for the cover of the Show Program. The artist does not have to be entered in the show. Other artwork submitted but not chosen for the cover will also be included inside the Program. All artwork should be no larger than 8" x 11" and should be in black/white. Vertical is preferred (like the front of a book). Do not include words or numbers in the drawings, but do sign them at the bottom. Include your name, hometown and age written on the back of the drawings. Send to: Margaret Freeman, 200 Aurora Lane, Tryon, NC 28782. Contact Margaret at email@example.com
. If you wish to have your artwork returned, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
This competition is a qualifying show for the 2013 Children of the Americas Dressage Invitational (CADI), to be held August 2-3, 2013 in Concord, Mass. CADI is an international competition for riders ages 12-14 (FEI age rules) from North and South America. Riders compete in the FEI Children’s Preliminary Test (equivalent to USEF First Level) and ride a First Level freestyle. For more information, go to www.bearspotcadi.com
Roving Trainers: Our wonderful professionals volunteer their time for any competitor who wishes help. As soon as riders know their times, they may sign up on www.youthdressagefestival.com
. There is also a sign-up sheet at the Volunteer Booth during the show.
All Ages: Rules from this Prize List will be on the Written Test
Ages 11-21 “All About Worms (Photo Guide)” by Sonia Davidson
10 and Under “USPC D Manual of Horsemanship, 2nd Edition” By Susan Harris
Ages 11-13 “Riding Through” by Debbie McDonald Ages 14-17 “Down to Earth Dressage” by Carl Hester
“40 Fundamentals of English Riding” by Hollie McNeil
(Note: there will be a test designed for each book)
Ages 18-21 “How Good Riders Get Good”
The above books may be ordered from Knight Equestrian Books www.knightbooks.com.
Enter the coupon code, 2013D4K, for a 15% discount.
EARN CREDITS TOWARDS YOUR STABLING EXPENSES
Competitors may solicit ads for placement in the YDF show program and receive credit towards their stabling fees.
Competitors will receive credits as follows:
Ad Type Credit Received
Full Page $150
Half Page $100
Quarter Page $ 75
Business Card $ 50
There is a limit of $150 credit per competitor regardless of how many ads the competitor solicits or the size/cost of the ads.
GPS for Cars:
454 Washington Avenue Ext., Saugerties, NY.