First CDI-W Victory for Arlene Page and Dr. House 2 in Wellington
Sunday, February 26, 2017
Wellington, FL - Arlene Page (USA) and Dr. House 2 captured a win in the FEI Grand Prix Special CDI-W, presented by The Axel Johnson Group, on Saturday, February 25, during the seventh week of competition at the 2017 Adequan® Global Dressage Festival (AGDF) in Wellington, FL.
AGDF 7 concludes on February 26 and features CDI-W competition, presented by The Axel Johnson Group, and FEI Small Tour competition, presented by Wellington Regional Medical Center, held at Equestrian Village at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center (PBIEC).
Page and mount Dr. House 2, a 2005 Oldenburg gelding (Don Schufro x Rinerfa JS x Krack C), owned by Page, ended the day with a victory in the FEI Grand Prix Special CDI-W, presented by The Axel Johnson Group, earning a score of 71.629%.
Commenting on her ride with Dr. House 2, Page said, "You have to like it when you ride a good, clean test. I'm discovering how honest my horse is, and this is the first time I've ridden him in a CDI, so it's show time. It was a good feeling that I could count on him to do what he knows and offer to help. That's the key thing."
This was Page's first CDI and first FEI Grand Prix Special with "Housie." "I've already discovered that the horse gets to the ring and wants to help," said Page. "He's not in any way looking to avoid doing his job. Whatever you see in the ring is a very honest reflection of where he is with his training."
Second place in the FEI Grand Prix Special CDI-W went to Katie Poag (USA) and Zonnekoning, a 2004 Dutch Warmblood stallion (Florett AS x Maraba) owned by Poag, with a 71.294%. Third place was awarded to Jill Irving (CAN) and Arthur, a 2005 KWPN gelding (Jazz x Olympia- W x Contango), owned by Irving, with a score of 68.059%.
Competition at AGDF will continue tomorrow witha full schedule of classes, including the FEI Intermediate I Freestyle CDI 1*,presented by Wellington Regional Medical Center, and the FEI Junior Rider Freestyle CDIJ, presented by Yeguada de Ymas. For more information and to see a full list of results, please visit www.globaldressagefestival.com.
Final Results: FEI Grand Prix Special CDI-W, presented by The Axel Johnson Group
Place, Rider, Nationality, Horse, Horse Information: Judge E%, Judge H%, Judge C%, Judge M%, Judge B%, Total %
1. Arlene Page (USA), Dr. House 2, 2005 Oldenburg gelding by Don Schufro x Rinerfa JS x Krack C, owned by Arlene Page: 72.459%, 71.667%, 70.196%, 70.686%, 73.137%, 71.629%
2. Katie Poag (USA), Zonnekoning, 2004 Dutch Warmblood stallion by Florett AS x Maraba, owned by Katie Poag: 73.824%, 70.196%, 72.059%, 70.686%, 69.706%, 71.294%
3. Jill Irving (CAN), Arthur, 2005 KWPN gelding by Jazz x Olympia- W x Contango, owned by Jill Irving: 68.627%, 68.039%, 68.824%, 67.451%, 67.353%, 68.059%
4. Suzan Pape (GBR), Harmony's Fiorano, 2005 Hannoverian gelding by Rousseau x Rawina x Rotspon, owned by Harmony Sporthorses: 68.137%, 70.098%, 63.529%, 69.314%, 67.745%, 67.765%
5. Devon Kane (USA), Sir Galanto, 2005 Hanoverian gelding by Stedinger x De Niro, owned by Diamante Farms: 64.118%, 66.667%, 65.980%, 67.059%, 67.255%, 66.216%
6. Karen Lipp (USA), Whitney, 2005 Hanoverian mare by White Star x Hauptstutbuch Grace x Grand Cru, owned by Kathleen Oldford: 65.392%, 67.059%, 64.216%, 65.490%, 67.353%, 65.902%
7. Charlotte Jorst (USA), Kastels Akeem Foldager, 2002 Danish Warmblood gelding by Akinos x Lobelia Foldager x Loran, owned by Kastel Denmark: 63.784%, 66.039%, 63.784%, 66.922%, 66.137%, 65.333%
8. Michael Klimke (GER), Djamba Djokiba, 2007 Westfalen gelding by Damon Hill x Whoopy x Wessex, owned by Michael Klimke: 65.294%, 66.569%, 62.647%, 68.039%, 62.353%, 64.980%
Posted on Sep 4, 2012
Posted on Feb 19, 2015
Posted on Feb 12, 2015
Posted on Apr 30, 2015