The Finalized Membership of the FEI Dressage Task Force Announced
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
The FEI Dressage Task Force will operate for one year and produce an interim report to the Bureau at its March/April meeting. It is foreseen that during the course of the next year, the process of seeking candidacies for the Dressage Standing Committee could take place as usual, with NFs submitting candidacies through the Nominations Committee, and that the members of the FEI Dressage Task Force will be able to seek to serve on the Standing Committee in the future.
Frank Kemperman (NED), chairman and representative of the event organisers;
Richard Davison (GBR), riders representative;
Robert Dover (USA), trainers representative;
Alain Francqueville (FRA), chef d’équipe
Katrina Wuest (GER), judges representative;
Elizabeth Max-Theurer (AUT), owners representative
The FEI Dressage Task Force has been given the following brief by the Bureau:
- Review the issues surrounding the very significant area of the training and development, assessment and selection of judges for major championships and Olympic Games; review as part of this development of randomised/ computerised judge selection process.
- The fitness for purpose of the method of judging Dressage competitions needs thorough review – both in terms of the number of judges, their positioning and the judging process.
- Following significant feedback from NFs, it is clear that the decision to move from four to three riders in a team is not universally accepted as the best for the sport and this therefore needs reviewing
- The system for qualification for Championships, and the receipt of Certificates of Capability for Championships, World Cups, and the Olympic Games.
- Review the consultation process within Dressage and how it affects the structure of the committee going forward to ensure maximum involvement by the key stakeholders both internal to the sport and external within the greater sporting/ Olympic/ Paralympic environment.
During the course of the year the Dressage Director may refer ongoing Dressage matters to the FEI Dressage Task Force for feedback and advice.