FEI Opens Nominations for Annual Awards
Monday, July 19, 2010
The Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI) is delighted to announce that nominations for the FEI 2010 Awards are now open. The awards, which were launched last year, acknowledge outstanding achievement in the following five categories:
- Athlete of the Year, for the rider, driver or vaulter who has shown exceptional sportsmanship and prowess;
- Rising Star, supported by HSBC, for a rider between the ages of 14 and 21 who has demonstrated significant talent and commitment;
- Development, supported by Alltech, for a development project, individual or organisation demonstrating skill, dedication and energy in expanding the sport;
- Against All Odds, to celebrate a disabled rider or an individual who has overcome extreme personal difficulties to achieve proficiency in equestrian sport;
- Groom of the Year, for the often uncelebrated, yet important person who works behind the scenes.
Nominations are open to all members of the equestrian community and should be sent via the dedicated website www.feiawards.org.
An international judging panel, chaired by HRH Princess Haya, will select the winners, who will be flown to Chinese Taipei to attend the awards ceremony at a VIP gala dinner, which takes place during the FEI General Assembly in November.
The deadline for nominations is 30 August 2010.
Additional information about the nominations process is available on www.feiawards.org.