Farrier Insurance Program
Monday, February 24, 2020
Markel has specially designed an affordable Farrier’s Insurance Program just for you. Rated “A Excellent” by A.M. Best, Markel has provided insurance coverage for horses and horse related risks for over 50 years. As an Equine Insurance Specialist for Markel, we are available at the Mary Phelps Markel Agency (800-572-3286) firstname.lastname@example.org, to personally help you, answer your questions and guide you through the process. Markel can customize a package policy to include your home and farrier rig. American Association of Professional Farriers members are eligible for a 10% association credit. If you are an AAPF accredited farrier (AF or APF designations) you may receive an additional discount. Click here to download the application.
What kind of protection does the Farrier’s Insurance Program provide?
The costs of a legal defense today can be devastating, even if you are found innocent. Without proper coverage, a jury award could be the end of your business. The Farrier’s Insurance Program covers you on or off your premises for a broad range of possibilities, which could result in a lawsuit against you, or a judgment that finds you liable for damages.
If a person, other than an employee, is injured on your premises or as a result of your business activities, you are covered.
- If property, except for a horse, is damaged because of your negligence, you are covered. You are protected for claims against products you sell or work you have performed.
- If a horse is injured or dies, due to your negligence, while in your care, custody & control, you are covered up to certain limits spelled out in the policy.
- In addition, your equipment and supplies are covered against loss or damage!
- General Liability (including legal defense costs outside the limits):
Limits of $300,000 CSL, $500,000 CSL or $1,000,000 CSL per occurrence
- On and Off Premises - protection against claims made and legal judgments rendered against you and your business due to bodily injury or property damage caused by your farrier activities, regardless of where the claim occurred (Claims by employees are not covered.)
- Completed Operations - coverage for claims and legal judgments due to bodily injury or property damage caused by work you have performed (i.e. a shoe comes off two or three days after it is put on, resulting in injuries to the horse and rider)
Care, Custody & Control Liability
Standard limits of $5,000, $10,000 or $25,000 per horse
(higher limits available) This important benefit picks up coverage for injury to any non-owned horse as a result of your negligence as Farrier, while the horse is in your care, custody & control.
Equipment and Supplies Floater
Standard limits of $1,000, $2,500 or $5,000 with a $500 deductible per claim. **Higher coverage(s) are available for an additional premium. This coverage provides protection for loss or damage to your transportable inventory of horse shoes, tools and supplies that are used in connection with your farrier practice. Theft is covered, but refers to the policy for specific details on other perils covered.
*Rates and coverages may vary by state. Refer to the policy for complete terms and provisions.
Questions? No problem
For the personal attention you deserve contact Mary Phelps office.
Tracey Scharf 800-572-3286 FL office
Mary Phelps cell/text 859-940-8517
We are available on the scene, on the road, on the net, and in the office to answer your questions, help you with your applications, and be your direct connection to our Markel Underwriters. We work hard at this process so you don't have to. The application process does not have to be a daunting task. We are here to make it easy, so you can spend time with your horses and clients.