DRIVING PONIES | DRIVING DAILY
Exciting Calendar for USEF/FEI Combined Driving USA 2022 Shaping Up
Thursday, August 12, 2021
FLORIDA HORSE PARK SPRING FLING COMBINED DRIVING EVENT | FLORIDA HORSE PARK | LIVE OAK INTERNATIONAL | US EQUESTRIAN COMBINED DRIVING
The grassroots in Combined Driving continues to flourish in the United States, creating a stepping stone for those who embrace the sport and develop higher goals. Often, it is from those grassroots, that participating drivers become fueled and inspired to reach higher goals as competitors. Those who have worked and trained hard to reach International Levels have had dwindling opportunities in the USA to qualify and prepare, but that is changing.
Driving Organizers have reviewed their options and several competitions that ran CAI 2*s will now be offering a CAI 3* division in 2022. Some of the National (USEF) events are considering offering CAI 1*/2* divisions as the calendar continues to work itself out for 2022. This is a huge commitment by the organizing teams dedicated to creating these opportunities for drivers in the United States.
These events welcome aspiring drivers who all benefit from quality judges, officials and fellow drivers eager to grow the sport. Volunteers and sponsors are always needed, as organizers have their hands full making these events happen. By being a part of Driving Sport at the highest level in the USA, everyone, including the horses and ponies involved win from the experience of those involved.
The US FEI Athletes, Organizers, and Officials in Combined Driving are a small but passionate group of drivers dedicated to their sport. Review the provisional 2022 Driving Calendar for information – the link below will stay updated as decisions & approvals are finalized.
For all drivers, please let Organizers know of your intent to enter, so they can confirm if entries will cover the additional expenses. If you know of a sponsorship opportunity, Organizers would welcome those connections as well.
The competition information is provisional until approved by the USEF Board & by the FEI.
Take some time to review the following links regarding proposed rule changes.
- FEI and Aspiring FEI Athletes - Review Proposed Rule Changes
- Familiarize yourself with Rule Change Policies
Provisional 2022 USEF Recognized Combined Driving Competitions
- January 26 - 30 - Grand Oaks CDE (Comp. ID 338580) | Weirsdale, FL
- February 18 - 20 - Spring Fling CDE & if entries warrant, CAI 1*/2* (pending approvals) | Ocala, FL
- March 3 - 6 - Live Oak International & CAI 3* (pending approvals) | Ocala, FL
- April 8 - 10 - Southern Pines CDE (pending) | Raeford, NC
- April 20 - 24 - Katydid CDE @ TIEC & CAI 1*/2*/3* (Comp ID 323394 - CAI pending approval) | Mill Spring, NC
- June 2 - 5 - Kentucky Classic CDE at Hermitage & CAI 1*/2*/3* (pending approvals) | Goshen, KY
- September Tryon CDE & if entries warrant, CAI 1*/2*/3* (pending approvals) | Mill Spring, NC ...f
Further updates pending competition renewals...