The Dressage Foundation's Carol Lavell Gifted Memorial Fund Awards $9,000 to Adult Amateur Riders
Saturday, November 14, 2015
Posted by Jenny Johnson - The Dressage Foundation
The Dressage Foundation is proud to announce this year's recipients of the Carol Lavell Gifted Memorial Fund Scholarships for Adult Amateurs. Each will receive a $1,000 Scholarship to enable them to set aside quality time in concentrated training with their horse, trainer of choice, and away from the daily pressures of job and family.
"Thanks to the generosity of Carol Lavell, her family, and friends, we are pleased to provide this financial support to adult amateurs who not only make time to further their dressage education, but who are tremendous volunteers for their dressage clubs," said Jenny Johnson, Executive Director of The Dressage Foundation. “Without the effort of volunteers such as these, dressage would not be alive and well in communities across the country. They certainly deserve to have some time away to concentrate on their riding!”
Up to eleven $1,000 grants are available each year - one per United States Dressage Federation Region and two wild card grants that can be awarded in any Region. The following Adult Amateurs were chosen as recipients from their respective USDF Regions to receive grants for training in the 2016 calendar year:
- USDF Region 1 – Christine Dickenson (PA) and her Oldenburg, Qhuo Vadis, will train with Pierre St. Jacques. Christine is a member of Lehigh Valley Dressage Association.
- USDF Region 1 – Emily Hadden Morris (PA) and her American Hanoverian, Poseidon HF, will train with Phoebe DeVoe Moore. Emily is a member of Western Pennsylvania Dressage Association
- USDF Region 2 – Lindsay Saad (WV) and her Hanoverian/TB, Gadget, will train with Kristin Stein. Lindsay is a member of Western Pennsylvania Dressage Association.
- USDF Region 3 – Joanna Simonton (FL) and her Thoroughbred, Andiamo, will train with Greta Wrigley. Joanna is a member of STRIDE.
- USDF Region 4 – Jean Rude (IA) and her Oldenburg, Hot-Royal Hit, will train with Patti Becker. Jean is a member of Eastern Iowa Dressage and Eventing Association.
- USDF Region 5 – Dian Seabury (AZ) and her Andalusian, Calisto, will train with Shelly Lawder. Dian is a member of Tucson Dressage Club
- USDF Region 7 – Laurie Daniel-Smith (CA) and her Irish Draught Sport Horse, Keela, will train with Julie Thomas. Laurie is a member of California Dressage Society.
- USDF Region 9 – Cecilia Cox (TX) and her American Warmblood, Winnie Too, will train with Whit Watkins. Cecilia is a member of Alamo Dressage Association and Houston Dressage Society.
- USDF Region 9 – Carrie Chaffin (TX) and her Holsteiner, Rijkens, will train with Lyndon Rife. Carrie is a member of Houston Dressage Society.
For more information about The Dressage Foundation and the Gifted Memorial Fund, visit www.dressagefoundation.org or contact Jenny Johnson at (402) 434-8585 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on Feb 1, 2013
Posted on Nov 6, 2017
Posted on Oct 21, 2014
Posted on Feb 5, 2016