Dressage at Devon Begins September 24! Don’t Miss Daily Special Events
Friday, September 20, 2019
Dressage at Devon has been a premier North American Equestrian event since its founding in 1975. It combines world-class dressage competition and the world’s largest open breed show with the international Fall Festival show and special activities for the entire family. The six-day event attracts hundreds of riders from around the world and thousands of spectators. Below please find the schedule of Daily Special Events!
Parade of Breeds following the final Individual Breed Class
Jonathan Clark, Director of Operations for Select Breeding Services (time????)
Saturday morning in the picnic area
11:30 Nancy Williams
12:30 - Robert Croteau on horse nutrition?
Dressage Explorers (not just for kids!)
10:00 - Blessing of the Animals
10:30 – Dressage Explorers registration at Dressage Explorers Tent near the Secretary’s office
The annual Dressage Explorers program will take place Sunday, September 29. It’s a full (and fun) day with activities specially designed for horse show kids. (please note: all times are approximate and will depend on the show schedule.)
Join us for:
• 9:30-11 - Looking for a pet? Meet the dogs up for adoption from the PAPCA Rescue and All4Paws rescue. Just go straight ahead from the front gate. They’ll be hard to miss!
• 10:00 am - The Blessing of the Animals will take place in the Dixon Oval. Bring your leashed (no retractable leashes), well-socialized (to all humans and animals, including horses).
• 10:30 – 11 am– Meet at the Dressage Explorers Tent near the Secretary’s office to register for the day.
• 11 am – Time to make and decorate your own Stick Horse. We supply the “horses” and decorations. You supply your imagination.
• 12 pm – Take your stick horses (you can also bring one from home) and ride down the Centerline in the Dixon Oval for fun and prizes.
• 12:30 pm – Join the Princess and the Unicorn (also know as Markey) for tea and cookies in the Dressage Explorers Tent.
• 1 pm – Gather back in the Dressage Explorers Tent and meet Jess Fay, Assistant Trainer at the internationally known Hilltop Farm. Jess will talk about her career and some of the more “unconventional” horses she has trained, the challenges they presented and how she overcame these challenges. Bring your questions!
• Afternoon classes – Join Lendon Gray, founder of Dressage4Kids (her signed book will be available in the gift shop) to watch the afternoon classes. Learn from her what makes a great rider and a great ride.
• Vaulting Demonstrations (gymnastics on horseback!) will also take place during the breaks in the Show.
• Take a selfie at the yellow ribbon stations around the show grounds. When you’ve got all five, take the pics to the gift shop for your prize.
• Try your luck at Luck Lumps in the Dressage Explorers tent. Pick through the shavings and find your prize from 11-2.
Dressage at Devon will take place September 24 through September 29, 2019. For more information, please visit www.dressageatdevon.org.
About Dressage at Devon
Dressage at Devon is a 501(c) (3) PA non-profit organization, benefitting equine education.