Daniel Zetterman and Chellana B Victorious in $25,000 ESP Fall III Grand Prix
Tuesday, October 27, 2015
Wellington, FL - Palm Beach International Equestrian Center (PBIEC) hosted the third week of the Equestrian Sport Production (ESP) Fall Series, which has offered competitors USEF, NAL, and Marshall and Sterling league approved competitions since the beginning of October. Daniel Zetterman of Sankt Olof, Sweden, captured the first $25,000 Grand Prix of the ESP Fall Series aboard Chellana B, owned by Gyllebo Farm LLC. The duo finished the jump-off track in 42.467 seconds to narrowly edge Maria Schaub of Wellington, FL, aboard her own Hilfiger van de Olmenhoeve, who completed their round in 42.903 seconds. Mauricio Garcia of Archer, FL, and his own AF Karatino earned third place honors with a double clear effort in a time of 43.321 seconds. Competition continues at PBIEC with the start of the Fall Finale on Friday, October 30, continuing through Sunday, November 1, while two more weeks of competition at PBIEC will commence with the ESP November Show (Nov 7-8) and ESP Pre-Charity Show (Nov 14-15).
Zetterman piloted Chellana B, a 2003 Zangersheide mare (Chellano Z x Calidox Z), to one of five double clear trips recorded in the class of 21 entries. Zetterman also guided LB Carwyn through the jump-off round before capturing the win aboard Chellana B.
"I had two horses in the class and they've both been on a break with me for the past few months. We're getting them ready to be fit again as pre-circuit and the WEF season approaches," he remarked, "The course designer [Hector Loyola] did a great job and I'm not even just saying that because I won the class, but I was complimenting it before we even started. It was a good height and was very rhythmical. I thought it rode nicely. Both of my horses were clear in the first round, but the jump-off was tricky on the first half of the course, which I found to be a bit difficult with my first horse, but Chellana handled it great."
Watching Schaub's round before entering the ring with Chellana B, Zetterman mapped out a plan that he felt would be timely and efficient over the technical jump-off track. He explained, "To win it you had to do some very tight rollback turns and with my first horse I'm not sure he really understood the questions because it was a very technical and tight. With Chellana though, I just went in and decided to give it a go and knew that point where I could try to catch Maria [Schaub]. I saw her round and knew what I needed to get done in the ring and I was very happy with the result."
Chellana B has performed consistently for Zetterman over the past two years as both an FEI Speed horse and Grand Prix mount, earning top finishes at several FEI CSI 3* shows in her career. "We just got her back here in Florida as she had a break over the summer. She'll start to work into the schedule a bit more for the beginning of the season and she's a very useful horse. I'd like to have her as competitive as possible for the WEF season," noted Zetterman. "She always places very well in some of the larger classes and she's a real trier. I know she's a fighter and that's why she made it happen in the ring during the jump-off. She always pulls her weight."
Final Results $25,000 ESP Fall III Grand Prix:
1. CHELLANA B, 2003 Zangersheide mare by Chellano Z x Calidox Z DANIEL ZETTERMAN, Gyllebo Farm LLC: 0/0/42.467
2. HILFIGER VAN DE OLMENHOEVE, 2007 Belgian Warmblood gelding by Dulf van de Bisschop x Escape van de Olmenhoeve MARIA SCHAUB, Maria Schaub: 0/0/42.903
3. AF KARATINO, 2006 Swedish Warmblood gelding by Karat HCW x Larona B MAURICIO GARCIA, Mauricio Garcia: 0/0/43.321
4. AL CALYPSO, 2002 Hanoverian gelding by Askari x Camilla MANUEL FERNANDEZ, Aristides Fernandez Zucco: 0/0/44.939
5. WAY OF LIFE H, 2007 Oldenburg mare by Chacco Blue x Why Not ANSGAR HOLTGERS, Gut Einhaus LLC: 0/0/50.007
6. RAINO DU JARDIN, 2004 Selle Francais gelding by Nidor Platiore x Nina Rele du Jardin JUAN CARLOS MAURIN, Luis Fernando Muro: 0/4/38.859
7. SACATINA, 2004 Oldenburg mare by Cento x Stautbutch Sara Bande VICTORIA KARAM, Victoria Karam: 0/4/42.939
8. CASERO, 2002 Holsteiner gelding by Carlous I x Mandolina PAULO SANTANA FILHO, Bulldog Farms LLC: 0/4/47.968
Competition at PBIEC will continue this week with the Fall Finale beginning on Friday, October 30 and concluding on Sunday, November 1. For more information and a full list of results from ESP Fall III please visit www.pbiec.com.
Posted on Nov 2, 2015
Posted on Aug 9, 2018
Posted on Jan 29, 2012
Posted on Jun 2, 2016