Cincinnati Dressage Tradition Offers Exciting Line Up of Shows, Events and a New Concept in Horse Sales
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Posted by bossmare
First Show this weekend! John and Janet Paxton built a Dressage legacy in the mid-west region of the USA at their Paxton Farm near Cincinnati, Ohio serving the region with quality competitions and programs. When the farm sold and the Paxton’s moved full time to Florida, that legacy continued with the Paxton’s support. As a result of the vision and knowledge of two horsewomen who share their passion for the sport of dressage, Cincinnati Dressage Tradition was created and will offer a full slate of shows and events in 2009 at the world class facility at the Roberts Centre, including the first appearance of Robert Dover’s World Tour Symposium. The Elite Dressage Horse Sale slated for June 22-26 will present up to 100 quality horses in a unique format for both buyer and seller.
Cincinnati Dressage Tradition's mission is to carry on the work John & Janet Paxton so graciously provided to the Mid-West. Chris Federer and Rebecca Knollman have created a venue and organization which has already brought a huge reaction of support and response not only from their region but nationally. “We are encouraged and excited about the response we have received not only from competitors, for Dover’s Symposium and our Elite Horse Sale, but from judges and officials, who are offering their services for 2010 and beyond.” said Federer.
The Elite Horse Sale, not an auction, but a week long experience bringing buyers and sellers together in one venue has already had an exciting number of submissions. Knollman who has competed successfully in the Markel/USEF Young Horse program, and who has trained and purchased several horses from Europe both privately and at auctions came up with a unique program based on her experiences. “I took what I liked and did not like about auctions, as well as my own horse shopping experiences, to create an opportunity where we bring the horses, sellers and buyers together in a central location and wonderful facility.” With no commissions involved, this program levels the playing field in a format which supports all participants and provides all the services needed for the horses and to help manage seamless transactions.
Daily format for Sale Horses will be as follows:
- Mornings reserved for Training in which prospective buyers can observe. Training sessions will be divided into <$20k, $21-40k, $41-60k, $61-$80k, $81-99k and >$100k categories
- Afternoons are for test riding sale horses.
- Riders (Training & Presentation to Buyers)
- Grooms (Full Care Service including Braiding)
- Advertising of Sale Horses through Web Site and mass mailings. Pictures & Videos are encouraged
- Pre Registration for Buyers
- Veterinarians on call for Pre-Purchase Exams (can be done in advance to attract buyers to your horse)
- Negotiations between Seller & Buyer
- Completion of closing documents
- Insurance services - [#26523 override="Mary Phelps - Markel Equine Insurance Services" title="Mary Phelps - Markel Equine Insurance Services"]
- Zero % Commission Fees
- Stabling & Arena Fees - $500
- Buyer Registration - No Charge!
- Observe without Buyer Registration - $10
Posted on Jul 30, 2014
Posted on Apr 26, 2016
Posted on Apr 12, 2018