Chris Von Martels Makes a Statement with the Win the Intermediare I Freestyle at the AGDF Week 9
Tuesday, March 10, 2015
Posted by Carly Weilminster for Jennifer Wood Media, Inc
Chris Von Martels (CAN) and Zilverstar added another FEI Intermediaire 1 Freestyle to their list of wins this year at AGDF. The pair scored a 74.950% to take home the win. Fellow Canadian Christilot Boylen and Donatella 79 finished behind Von Martels in second with a 72.050% and Silva Martin (USA) and Aesthete followed in third receiving a 71.950%. The FEI Intermediaire 1 Freestyle class was presented by Peacock Ridge. Von Martels and "Zilver" have made a tremendous statement this circuit with their ability to perform consistently. The duo placed second this week in the large FEI Prix St. Georges class and also won the AGDF 5 I-1 Freestyle as well.
"It was another fantastic week for us. He had a great result in the Prix St. Georges and actually yesterday in the I1 he was very good, we just had a big costly error, which we lost points for, but that happens. He's been so consistent, and I'm thrilled," he said.
The pair is steadily working towards their goal of representing Canada at the 2015 Pan American Games to be held in Toronto later this summer and will compete for Team Canada at the AGDF 12 Stillpoint Farm FEI Nation's Cup in a few short weeks. "For myself and all of my horses, we know the areas we need to focus on in terms of training but with Zilver in particular, he's developed a lot more strength and confidence. Now his real potential is showing, and his quality is shining," said Von Martels.
Correction from the press release on March 7, 2015: Something Special C, 2000 Dutch Warmblood gelding (Ferro x Gicara II x Beaujolais) who placed 6th in yesterday's FEI Grand Prix Special, ridden by Adrienne Pots, is owned by James & Elizabeth Bramsen.
AGDF 10 will host the Florida International Dressage Youth Championships beginning this week, highlighting the riding of young dressage riders from around the world, alongside FEI CDI 1*/3* competition. Classes will begin on Wednesday, March 11, and continue through Sunday, March 15. For more information on the Adequan® Global Dressage Festival please visit, www.globaldressagefestival.com.
Final Results for Intermediaiare 1 Freestyle presented by Peacock Ridge Farm
Place, Rider, Nationality, Horse, Horse Information: Judge E% (Nivelle-GER), Judge H% (Armando-ARG), Judge C% (Gribbons-USA), Judge M% (Leyman-BEL), Judge B% (Zang-USA), Total%
1. Chris Von Martels (CAN), Zilverstar, 2004 Dutch Warmblood gelding owned by rider, Rosseu x Hutricia x Rossini: 73.625%, 74.250%, 74.625%, 77.000%, 75.250%, 74.950%
2. Christilot Boylen (CAN), Donatella 79, 2005 Oldenburg mare owned by Jill Irving, De Niro x Weidenkatatchen x Canastal: 73.125%, 69.750%, 72.375%, 72.375%, 72.625%, 72.050%
3. Silva Martin (USA), Aesthete, 2005 Dutch Warmblood gelding owned by Faye Woolf, Trento B x Unusual x Gribaldi: 70.500%, 71.875%, 71.500%, 75.500%, 70.375%, 71.950%
4. Tina Irwin (CAN), Fancy That, 2006 Oldenburg mare owned by Christine Faux, Donerschwee x Feiherr x Falaise: 69.625%, 73.000%, 72.250%, 75.250%, 68.750%, 71.775%
5. Silva Martin (USA), Rosa Cha W, 2006 Australian Warmblood mare owned by the Rosa Cha W Syndicate, Redardez Moi x Jasmine W x Richmeed Medallion: 72.375%, 72.250%, 69.000%, 72.000%, 70.625%, 71.250%
6. Katharina Stumpf (AUT), For My Love, 2001 Hanoverian gelding owned by rider, For Feeling x Escudine x Esucdo I: 68.750%, 65.000%, 68.625%, 67.125%, 64.000%, 66.700%
7. Hannah Michaels (USA), Abacus, 2005 Dutch Warmblood stallion owned by Carol Cohen, Tuchinski x Tiane x Mooiman: 67.000%, 67.500%, 65.375%, 67.375%, 64.750%, 66.400%
8. Esther Mortimer (GUA), Adajio, 2004 Hanoverian gelding owned by Sue Schramayr, Alabaster x Elsi x El Dorado: 67.125%, 64.375%, 67.875%, 64.650%, 66.625%, 66.150%
About the Adequan Global Dressage Festival:
The Adequan Global Dressage Festival (AGDF) is one of the world's largest international and national dressage circuits featuring 7 FEI Dressage events, including a 5* and the only FEI Nations' Cup Series CDIO in the Western Hemisphere. The AGDF offers more than $650,000 in prize money for the seven international competitions, making it one of the richest circuits in the world. The Stadium at Palm Beach International Equestrian Center facility includes the Van Kampen covered arena (made possible by Kimberly and Frederic Boyer and family) and four outdoor arenas with world-class footing, 200 permanent stalls, and a VIP seating area.
Posted on Aug 27, 2017
The $50,000 Florida Dressage Classic CDI-W and National Show Gets Underway at 2012 Global Dressage Festival
Posted on Feb 17, 2012
Posted on Mar 2, 2015
Posted on Aug 20, 2018