Charlotte Jorst and Her "Best Friend" Kastel's Ninetendo Ramp It Up To Win Grand Prix
Sunday, March 3, 2019
Posted by Deirdre Sullivan for Jennifer Wood Media, Inc.
Wellington, FL - March 2, 2019 - Competition at Week 8 of the Adequan® Global Dressage Festival (AGDF) continued into the evening with the FEI Grand Prix Special CDI3* presented by Peacock Ridge on Saturday, March 2. U.S. women swept the top three places, with Charlotte Jorst, Heather Blitz, and Rebecca Waite taking top honors. AGDF runs until March 31 with top international and national dressage competition.
Charlotte Jorst and Kastel's Nintendo in their winning ride. ©SusanStickle.com Jorst and Kastel’s Nintendo rode to a win in the special with a score of 72.447%. “I thought the whole canter program was just really, really lovely. He was so relaxed, and he came back for every half halt and all the changes were beautiful,” said Jorst of the 16-year-old KWPN gelding by Negro owned by Kastel Denmark.
“The piaffe and two pirouettes were great, and the changes in between. That whole thing just felt tremendous.
“Today I rode more forward, because I thought my whole trot program was a little too conservative on Thursday [in the qualifier for the special],” continued Jorst.
“I decided to just give it a little more, and give more in the short sides and just sort of show him off in a better way. I think I succeeded with that. I think that was that extra couple of points.”
Charlotte Jorst iand Kastel's Nintendo Best Friends
She said, “He’s always my best pal, and I know I can trust him 100%. He goes and goes and goes for me. We’ve been so many places together and done so many things. We’re best friends and the trust and the camaraderie between us is what I like the best.”
Second place went to Heather Blitz (USA) and Semper Fidelis, a 13-year-old Oldenburg mare by Sir Donnerhall owned by Rowan O’Riley, with a score of 71.170%.
Rebecca Waite (USA) and Doktor, a 16-year-old Oldenburg gelding by Diamond Hit owned by Patricia Stempel, took third with a score of 68.936%.
Endel Ots and Lucky Strike Strike Another Win
In the FEI Intermediate I CDI1* presented by Nutrena®, Endel Ots (USA) and Lucky Strike rode to a win with a score of 73.431%.
Lucky Strike is a nine-year-old Hanoverian gelding by Lord Laurie owned by Max Ots.
Nora Batchelder (USA) and Faro SQF, a 11-year-old Hanoverian gelding by FiderTanz owned by Andrea Whitcomb, took second place with a score of 70.882%.
Third place went to Lindsay Kellock (CAN) and Floratina, a 11-year-old Hanoverian mare by Fidertantz owned by Chloe Gasiorowski, with a score of 70.637%
Final Results: FEI Grand Prix Special CDI3*
Presented by Peacock Ridge Place
Rider, Nationality, Horse, Horse Information:
Judge E% - Maarten van der Heijder, Judge H% - Susan Hoevenaars, Judge C% - Cesar Torrente, Judge M% - Henning Lehrmann, Judge B% - William Warren, Total %
- 1.Charlotte Jorst (USA), Kastel’s Nintendo, 16-year-old KWPN gelding by Negro x Rodieni R owned by Kastel Denmark: 73.298%, 72.340%, 73.085%, 70.851%, 72.660%, 72.447%
- 2.Heather Blitz (USA), Semper Fidelis, 13-year-old Oldenburg mare by Sir Donnerhall owned by Rowan O’Riley: 71.915%, 70.851%, 72.660%, 70.532%, 69.894%, 71.170%
- 3.Rebecca Waite (USA), Doktor, 16-year-old Oldenburg gelding by Diamond Hit x Gurena owned by Patricia Stempel: 69.255%, 68.830%, 69.787%, 68.723%, 68.085%, 68.936%
- 4.Jill Irving (CAN), Degas 12, 17-year-old Hanoverian gelding by De Niro x Rosana M and owned by Jill Irving: 67.979%, 69.043%, 69.043%, 68.830%, 68.830%, 68.475%
- 5.Ashley Holzer (USA), Wilson Pickett, 14-year-old gelding owned by Peacock Ridge LLC: 67.979%, 67.553%, 68.723%, 69.362%, 68.617%, 68.447%
- 6.Yvonne Losos De Muniz (DOM), Aquamarijn, 14-year-old KWPN mare by United x Toermalijn owned by Yvonne Losos De Muniz: 68.723%, 67.766%, 65.745%, 69.681%, 67.872%, 67.957%
- 7.Bernadette Pujals (MEX), Curioso XXV, 18-year-old PRE stallion by DominonteXVI x Curisoa XIX: 68.936%, 68.936%, 67.021%, 69.149%, 65.532%, 67.915%
- 8.Michael Klimke (GER), Royal Dancer 33, a 13-year-old Hanoverian gelding by Royal Blend owned by Michael Klimke: 68.191%, 68.617%, 65.638%, 67.021%, 68.298%, 67.553%