Charlotte Dujardin and Valegro are the leading combination of the FEI World Dressage Rankings. (Kit Houghton/FEI)
Charlotte Dujardin and Valegro, the first British combination to head the FEI World Dressage Rankings, have started the New Year in style by reclaiming the top spot. Thanks to their masterful performance in the fifth leg of the Reem Acra FEI World Cup™ Dressage on home ground at London Olympia in December, and a world record score in the Grand Prix at the same event, the double Olympic gold medallist and her 10-year-old Dutch warmblood gelding are once again world number one with 2,943 points. The Dutch combination of Adelinde Cornelissen and Jerich Parzival, the London 2012 Olympic silver medallists, are in second place just 37 points behind the leading duo on 2,907.There are no other changes in the Top Ten, with Germany’s Helen Langehanenberg and Damon Hill NRW holding onto third (2,731) followed by another British duo – Laura Bechtolsheimer and Mistral Hojris – still in fourth place on 2,555 points.
FEI World Dressage Rankings Top 10:
1. Charlotte Dujardin (GBR) Valegro, 2943
2. Adelinde Cornelissen (NED) Jerich Parzival, 2907
3. Helen Langehanenberg (GER) Damon Hill NRW, 2731
4. Laura Bechtolsheimer (GBR) Mistral Hojris, 2555
5. Kristina Sprehe (GER) Desperados FRH, 2532
6. Valentina Truppa (ITA) Fixdesign Eremo Del Castegno, 2358
7. Edward Gal (NED) Glock's Undercover, 2320
8. Isabell Werth (GER) El Santo NRW, 2290
9. Victoria Max-Theurer (AUT) Augustin Old, 2284
10. Dorothee Schneider (GER) Diva Royal, 2257
The complete Rankings are available HERE.