Carriage Driving Training Days at the Florida Horse Park
Saturday, June 26, 2021
The Florida Horse Park is pleased to announce the initiation of Carriage Driving Training Days in 2021 offering carriage drivers the opportunity to come to enjoy the park, improved obstacles, marked driving trails, and a cones course.
Update! July 7-8 canceled due to Tropical Storm Elsa
Save the date for July 27-28.
Fees for participants
- $25 per day for drivers
- RV spots ($45 a day)
- Stalls ($25 a day) available. * you must strip your stalls before leaving
- Auditors are welcome at no charge
- Drivers can also ship in at no extra charge and work from your trailers. Please be sure no horses are left alone if tied to a trailer.
All participants, which means drivers, grooms, and anyone who will be on a carriage need to sign up at the FHP office
- Liability form that has Horse Park rules for all participants who will be on the carriage
- Proof of current Coggins
Please calculate the payment and provide it along with the liability form.
Donations above and beyond are always welcome and encouraged (mark checks "for Driving" ) and funds will go directly into continuing improvements on the marathon course.
- Thorsten Zarembowitz will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis to book lessons. He can be contacted directly at 352-857-9718
- Any additional trainers are welcome and must provide proof of liability insurance.
We are aiming for semi-group lessons in the mornings, on the first day will be obstacle training and on the second morning, a full cones course will be set up.
Vendors are welcome, with a donation of $50 a day to the Florida Horse Park requested
- A to Z Horse Driving, Floral City, Florida - carriages, harness, cones, whips, and accessories for all your driving needs
Here is the Florida Horse Park Driving FaceBook - please visit this page and leave a comment if you are planning on attending. Any questions or requests will be dealt with on that page.
Florida Horse Park Release of Liability Form - print your liability form and sign along with payment for participation and stalls.
Please note, if we get enough interest food vendors and a possible evening BBQ can be arranged.