WELLNESS | DRIVING PONIES | DRIVING DAILY
American Driving Society Adjusts COVID Action Plan Rules
Wednesday, March 10, 2021
COVID-19 PANDEMIC UPDATES | BLACK PRONG EQUESTRIAN VILLAGE | AMERICAN DRIVING SOCIETY
In the sport of Driving in the US, the American Driving Society which was an affiliate of the USEF for over 30 years, is currently its own entity, with their own shows, championship programs, rules, dressage tests, officials and other items similar to but independent of the USEF. In keeping within the general guidelines and changes being adopted at USEF Combined Driving shows, the ADS has recently released a memo to members on recent updates, which now allows competitors on carriages to not wear a mask. It will be required at other times as noted in the following statement.
When the framework for the ADS COVID-19 Action Plan was created, it was intended to be a working, changing document that would evolve to keep the ADS and its membership as safe as possible during the pandemic. The Ad Hoc Committee charged with maintaining the plan frequently evaluates changing conditions around the U.S., considering recommendations from the C.D.C and W.H.O and feedback from regular meetings with ADS Recognized Event organizers and officials.
The ADS Executive Committee, under advisement from the Ad Hoc Action Plan Committee, has made significant changes to the 03.09.2021 ADS Action Plan Update of which you should be aware:
- Masks are still required at ADS Recognized Events when there is a possibility of being within six feet of another person EXCEPT while riding on carriages.
- Masks are no longer required while on a carriage.
- Sharing of vehicles and other equipment is allowed.
- Sharing of Essential Personnel is still at the discretion of the Organizer.
- Guidance for the stabling area has been relaxed based on data about how the virus is spread.
As always, prior to attending any ADS Recognized Event please make sure to familiarize yourself with the most current version of the ADS COVID-19 Action Plan, housed HERE on our website at americandrivingsociety.org under I Am A Member.