The Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games Provide an Experience for the Entire Family
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Lexington, KY – The Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games will take place in Lexington, Ky., from September 25th – October 10th. The World Equestrian Games are held every four years like the Olympics and are the world championships for eight equestrian disciplines recognized by the Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI).
Despite being the pinnacle of equestrian competition, the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games are not just about horses. During the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games, the Kentucky Horse Park’s 1224 acres will be blanketed by a world’s fair-style celebration with five major destination points including the Alltech Experience Pavilion, the Equine Village, the Kentucky Experience, a Trade Fair with nearly 300 booths, and a French Pavilion dedicated to the 2014 Games.
There’s something for everyone at the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games, and children ages 12 and under receive free admission with a paying adult.
So what can a kid see for free while attending the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games?
The Alltech Experience Pavilion will provide fun and educational experiences through which children will learn about farming, food, and the environment from Alltech, the title sponsor of the Games. Alltech is a worldwide leader in animal nutrition, health, and performance and works to develop natural feed supplements that help raise healthy animals while also being safe for the environment. The Alltech Experience Pavilion will have many activities for kids:
· Kidzone will allow children to learn about living on a farm and where their food comes from in an interactive exhibit.
· The Newport Aquarium will bring along penguins and petting sharks for a hands-on meet and greet!
· Dippin’ Dots, the famous Kentucky company known for its tiny beads of delicious ice cream, will be offering samples to spectators of all ages and showing how this frozen phenomenon is made. Not many people know that it was actually invented at Alltech!
Everything equestrian will be celebrated in The Equine Village. This space will include entertainers from around the world, demonstrations, and special exhibits that are sure to educate everyone on the equestrian world! Children will especially love “Kids Zone”, which will include:
· The opportunity to braid a horse’s tail and dig for bones
· A meeting with Semore and Quattro, two life-sized horse models that are used to educate children on the anatomy of the horse
· Rides on the NCHA mechanical cutting horse and cow
· A pony petting and grooming area
· A real-life showcase of a Native American Village with actual teepees, drummers, storytellers, and an original stagecoach from the 1800s
· An appearance by a championship sandcastle builder and an invitation to build with him in the Equine Village’s giant sandbox
The Kentucky Experience will be the premiere place to learn more about the culture of the Bluegrass State. Besides being known as the horse capital of the world, Kentucky has a lot to offer in the areas of food, art, music, and so much more! Kids will have a great time venturing through exhibits representing the natural wonders of Kentucky, sampling Kentucky food, and dancing to the music of local entertainers. They will be amazed by the sights of The Kentucky Experience, from crafts to Corvettes to caves!
The whole family will have an opportunity to enjoy an incredible shopping experience at the Trade Fair. Exhibitors will offer a variety of gifts, collectibles, artwork, apparel, tack, jewelry, and other unique merchandise. Several of the vendors will have products that all kids will like, including Alphabet Art, däv, the Kentucky Horse Park gift shop, Zoubaby, and many more!
The French Pavilion will invite all guests to rendez-vous in Normandy in 2014 for the next World Equestrian Games. Here spectators will enjoy a taste of France – literally – as Normandy representatives offer free samples of fine French cheeses, chocolates, and apple ciders among other products. And, the culinary experience doesn’t end with the tastings. There will also be cooking demonstrations by French chefs!
Children and the entire family alike do not want to miss out on the chance to witness the greatest equestrian event in the world! Access to all destinations will be available with a Grounds Pass or competition ticket. Grounds Pass tickets are still available and can be purchased at ticketmaster.com, by phone at 1-888-934-2010, or at any Ticketmaster outlet. Please visit www.alltechfeigames.com for more detailed information.
The Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games, to be held in Lexington, KY, USA from September 25 – October 10, 2010, are the world championships of the eight disciplines recognized by the Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI). Held outside of Europe for the first time, tickets have already been sold to buyers in all 50 U.S. states and more than 50 countries.