Adam Prudent and Vasco Deliver Impressive Win in $35,000 1.50m Suncast® Welcome CSI 3*
Friday, July 8, 2016
Mill Spring, NC - Adam Prudent (FRA) and his mount Vasco produced two fast clear rounds with a jump off time of 34.213 seconds to earn themselves the blue ribbon in the $35,000 1.50m Suncast® Welcome CSI 3* at Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC).
Trailing closely behind to finish in second place was Amanda Derbyshire (GBR) and Lady Maria BH, stopping the clock in 34.720 seconds. Third place honors were claimed by Todd Minikus (USA) and Vita 24, finishing in 34.823 seconds. Competition at TIEC continues tomorrow, showcasing elite hunter talent in the $2,500 USHJA National Hunter Derby beginning at 8:00 a.m.
Prudent and Vasco, a 2002 Dutch Warmblood gelding (Andiamo x Clinton) have solidified themselves as a competitive team and have been partnered together for three years. The duo has traveled the world to compete in multiple FEI competitions and spent ample time at the venue throughout the 2015 season.
Prudent was thrilled with today's win, which he said started off their week on the right foot. With only six out of 41 competitors advancing to the jump off, Prudent spoke about the technicality of the track set by Martin Otto (GER).
"For the second class of the week, it was quite a hard course, however, it was very well built and the fences were inviting, yet technical. Not many made it to the jump off, which attests how tough the track rode," he detailed.
Prudent was second to last in the jump-off order, which played to his favor as he was able to observe the rounds of other riders before strategizing the win. Vasco is a notoriously fast mount for Prudent and can execute tight turns at blazing speeds during the open gallop portions of the track. Derbyshire, who finished in a close second, nearly took the win, but Prudent felt the extra time observing and preparing ultimately helped him to steal the win.
"I was able to watch Amanda go and she did a six up the first line. I tried to get the six, but I was not able to make that happen, so I settled in and did seven strides," he explained. "I wasn't worried because my horse is incredibly fast so I planned on cutting corners to make up for the extra stride." "I knew what I had to do today, and I executed the plan," he added.
Prudent spoke about his growing relationship with Vasco and the strengths that allow them to earn exciting victories, similarly to the one they secured today. He said, "Vasco is not only extraordinarily fast; he is also very careful. In the middle of the course he will open up his stride and allow us to cover an impressive amount of ground."
Looking forward to the remainder of the week after their win, Prudent and Vasco will be a pair to watch on Saturday, July 9, in the $130,000 Wellington Equestrian Realty Grand Prix CSI 3*. Prudent feels confident that the duo will maintain their consistency, especially coming off of their strong win in such a competitive class early in the week.
Prudent and the Plain Bay Sales team will remain based at TIEC for the remainder of the Tryon Summer Series, contesting their abilities each week in numerous national and international classes. Prudent touched on the expansion and continual growth occurring at TIEC, stating, "I love Tryon. It gets bigger and bigger and better and better every year! Each time we come back there is something new and I'm already enthusiastic about the new derby field because I really enjoy showing on grass footing."
For more information and to see a full list of results please visit www.tryon.com.
Final Results $35,000 1.50m Suncast® Welcome CSI 3*
1. VASCO, 2002 Dutch Warmblood gelding by Andiamo x Clinton ADAM PRUDENT (FRA), Plain Bay Sales: 0/0/34.213
2. LADY MARIA BH, 2006 Holsteiner mare by Cartani x Corrado I AMANDA DERBYSHIRE (GBR), David Gochman: 0/0/34.720
3. VITA 24, 2005 Holsteiner mare by Carinjo x Contender TODD MINIKUS (USA), Two Swans Farm: 0/0/34.823
4. QUIRIE 2, 2007 Deutsches Sportpferd gelding by Quadrigus M x Quidam's Rubin ALI WOLFF (USA), Ali and John Wolff: 0/0/36.224
5. CAYA, 2006 Holsteiner mare by Carolus I x Lancer II ALI WOLFF (USA), Ali Wolff and John Wolff: 0/4/35.355
6. ARMAGEDON, 2005 Dutch Warmblood gelding by Solitair x Cavalier ALVARO LOZADA (VEN), Cenci Jumper LLC: 0/8/41.532
7. TOSCANE DE L'ISLE, 2007 Selle Francais mare by Mylord Carthago x Diabluer SYDNEY SHULMAN (USA), Jill Shulman: 1/71.560
8. QUATTRO, 2006 Dutch Warmblood gelding by Quasimodo Z x Celano DANIEL BEDOYA (BOL), Daniel Bedoya: 1/72.150
9. KONSTANZE, 2007 Oldenburg mare by Chacco-Blue x Landor S ALISON ROBITAILLE (USA), Mr. and Mrs. Bertram Firestone: 1/73.760
10. AMINKA, 2005 Dutch Warmblood mare by Ephebe For Ever x Heartbreaker MICHAEL DESIDERIO (USA), Tranquility Farm and David Desiderio: 4/65.580
11. SENSATION 21, 2005 Hannoveraner gelding by Welcome Sympatico x Acord II ALISON ROBITAILLE (USA), Hooves LLC: 4/66.370
12. REUS DE LA NUTRIA, 2005 Selle Francais mare by Zandor Z x Kannan CELSO ARIANI (BRA), Fam. Romero: 4/66.480
Posted on Apr 18, 2015
Posted on Jul 6, 2014
Posted on Nov 24, 2015
Posted on May 13, 2012