Warning messageThe subscription service is currently unavailable. Please try again later.
The 50th Running of the NRHA Futurity is Right Around the Corner – Don’t Miss all the Action!
Friday, November 13, 2015
Oklahoma City, Okla.– The 50th Running of the 2015 National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) Futurity & Adequan® North American Affiliate Championship (NAAC) Show is scheduled to take place November 26 – December 5, 2015, in Oklahoma City, Okla. Exhibitors planning to attend this pinnacle event will vie for estimated total cash, purse and prizes of more than $2 million! More information is available at nrhafuturity.com.
Not only is the NRHA Futurity one of the world’s most sought after western competitions by spectators and competitors alike, NRHA is also proud to celebrate crowning the 50th Open Futurity Champion this November!
In addition to the exciting Non Pro and Open Finals, NRHA will host the Adequan® North American Affiliate Championships (NAAC). NRHA members compete all year long to earn honors to come to Oklahoma City and compete at the grand daddy of them all. Adequan® NAAC competitors include youth 13 and younger, youth 14 through 18, Non Pro and Open divisions. These competitors are all competing for more than $25,000 in cash and prizes.
“I want to welcome everyone to the 50th Running of the NRHA Futurity! I hope you are as excited as I am to watch the 50th champion crowned at our pinnacle event. Because this is our 50th year of consecutively hosting such a globally well-known event, I want all competitors, spectators, judges and staff to enjoy your experience with us in Oklahoma City,” said NRHA President Rick Clark.
In addition to all the exciting action, NRHA has put together a host of awesome activities to celebrate NRHA and this tremendous milestone. Check out some of the highlights about this year’s Futurity:
- Open invitation visits to NRHA’s new international headquarters located at 3021 West Reno Ave, on the south side of State Fair Park
- New exhibitor coverage at the Adequan® North American Affiliate Championships will put a new light on all these champions
- A celebration starting at 5:30 on December 3 in the Cox Pavilion includes a special presentation recognizing the first 49 years of champions, showcasing how the history is driving the future and ending the evening with a concert
- The NRHA/Markel Sale continues to grow! NRHA is up in consignment numbers from last year. The Marketplace Sale is December 3, Futurity Prospect Sale is December 4 and the Select Yearling Sale is December 5
- New for this year, Section 201 is reserved for media to allow all media partners and local news sources a place to get the best shot from the Coliseum.
- One of reining’s own will join us Friday, December 4 and Saturday, December 5 to give honors to how this awesome sport got its start. Come early and watch Clark Bradley show the audience the way the sport began by setting the pattern for both the Cinch Non Pro and Lucas Oil Open Level 4 Finals.
And finally, this was a very special year for the horse industry. Not only did American Pharoah win the Triple Crown, he also took the Breeder’s Cup Classic, something many will never see again.
In addition to American Pharoah’s class and athleticism, his personality is what made everyone fall in love with his pony horse, Smokey. But to reiners, Smokey is a reining American Quarter Horse known as This Whiz Shines. In celebration of the sport of reining, and all these wonderful horse industry milestones that have been accomplished this year, Smokey will be here as NRHA’s guest of honor in the Super Barn December 3-5! Come see him and enjoy watching some world class reining while in town.
Spectators are encouraged to start making plans now to come of Oklahoma City to watch the thrilling action and witness who will take home a check worth at least $150,000 in the Lucas Oil Level 4 Open and the title of NRHA Open Futurity Champion!
More information about the NRHA Futurity & Adequan® North American Affiliate Championship Show:
Download the latest schedule at nrhafuturity.com/schedule
The world’s best reining horses and competitors come to Oklahoma City to compete for an estimated total purse and cash prizes of more than $2 million. This is one event NRHA does not want Oklahoma City, North America and the entire world to miss!
To learn more about the NRHA, its programs and family of corporate partners, visit nrha.com.
Posted on Aug 25, 2015
Posted on Sep 16, 2015
Posted on Jun 9, 2015
Posted on Sep 22, 2016