The 2016 Olympic U.S. Eventing Team Named and Ready to Run at Great Meadow International
Thursday, June 30, 2016
THE PLAINS, V.A. - With the announcement by The United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) of the Eventing Team that will represent the United States at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, The Land Rover Great Meadow International presented by Adequan® is set to roll out the red carpet for them in their final prep for the Games. In addition, the Great Meadow International presented by Adequan® will host several international teams in the first-ever FEI Nations Cup™ held outside Europe on July 8-10.
Riders of the 2016 U.S. Olympic Eventing Team who will be traveling to the Land Rover Great Meadow International are:
- Phillip Dutton - Five-time Olympic veteran with two Team gold medals (2000, 1996) for his native Australia. Two-time Pan American Games Team gold medalist (2015, 2007) and Individual silver medalist (2007).
- Boyd Martin - 2012 Olympic veteran, two-time WEG competitor and highest-placed U.S. rider (2014, 2010) and 2015 Pan American Games Team gold medalist.
- Lauren Kieffer - First time Olympic team member and 2015 Pan American Games Team gold medalist. Winner of the 2015 Great Meadow International Pan Am Preparatory Trials and two-time winner of the Rolex/USEF National CCI4* Championship (2014 and 2016).
- Clark Montgomery - First time Olympic team member. Winner of the 2015 Fidelity Investments Blenheim Palace International CCI3*, Somerford Park CIC2*, Belton CIC3* and a sixth-place finish in the 2015 Luhmühlen CCI4*.
- Maya Black - Traveling Reserve. Placed third at the 2016 Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event, earning the Rolex/USEF CCI4* Reserve National Champion title and winner of the CIC3* at The Fork Horse Trials (2016).
"This is a historical and thrilling opportunity for Great Meadow to host the 2016 U.S. Olympic Eventing team in tandem with the U.S. debut of the FEI Nations Cup™ Eventing series during this year's event," said Robert. L Banner Jr., President of the Great Meadow Foundation. "We look forward to a weekend of incredible competition!"
Spectators are encouraged to come out on Friday, July 8 for a "Free on Friday" celebration which will include an Opening Ceremony followed by the Morningside Bareback Puissance class, sponsored by Morningside Training Farm, which is a high-jumping bareback competition with a $2,000 grand prize. Spectators will also get a chance to inspect the new $1 Million arena and the grand opening of the Meadow Market Trade Show.
For more information, please visit: www.greatmeadow.org.
Posted on Apr 28, 2014
Posted on Nov 2, 2014
Posted on Jul 29, 2012
Posted on Nov 23, 2015