Lexington, KY – With the 2010 Adequan FEI North American Junior/Young Rider Reining Championships presented by Gotham North four months away, Reining teams from the various US regions and breed associations are in need of Regional Coordinators and Chef d’Equipes to help facilitate the success of these Reiners at the SmartPak North American Young Rider Reining Championships.
Help these Youth Reiners fulfill their potential at the only international championship held annually in North America.
Details of the Event:
When: July 28-Aug 1, 2010
Where: The Kentucky Horse Park, Lexington, KY
What: FEI Championship (includes Reining, Jumping, Eventing and Dressage) held annually for Juniors and Young Riders from the US, Canada, Mexico and the Islands; team and individual medals will be awarded.
Duties of Regional Coordinators:
- communicate with Youth in region about NAYRC
- receive applications and collect fees
- designate the Chef d’Equipe
- coordinate travel logistics
- help coordinate the fundraising for the team
Duties of Chef d’Equipe
The Chefs d'Equipes are responsible for the management and behavior of their teams and/or individuals throughout the event. They and their NF are responsible for their team during the duration of the championships. The Chefs d'Equipe must stay with their teams and/or individuals. Please see FEI Art. YR-J-Ch 8.4 for details.
Chef d’Equipe must attend all technical meetings organized for them in relation to the event.
The Chef d’Equipe will be responsible for the following:
- The general management of the horses entered for the event and the observance of the FEI Veterinary Regulations by Team Veterinarians and other official team members.
- The declaration and the scratching of competitors and horses entered for the event.
- The general management and behavior of competitors.
- Notifying the Organizing Committee which competitors and horses have been selected to start in team competitions.
II. NORTH AMERICAN YOUNG RIDER RECOGNIZED REINING REGIONS & ASSOCIATIONS:
- Northeast Region - Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Delaware, Maryland, Eastern Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, & Rhode Island
- Southeast Region – Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama & Mississippi
- North Central Region -Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin & Western Michigan
- South Central Region – Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas & Oklahoma
- Mountain Region - Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, & Eastern Idaho
- Northwest Region - Washington, Oregon, Northern California, Western Idaho, Northern Nevada & Alaska
- Southwest Region – New Mexico, Arizona, Hawaii, Southern California & Southern Nevada
- American Quarter Horse Association – U.S. riders between the ages 16 and 21
- American Paint Horse Association – U.S. riders between the ages 16 and 21
- Appaloosa Horse Club – U.S. riders between the ages 16 and 21
- Arabian Horse Association – U.S. riders between the ages 16 and 21
- American Morgan Horse Association – U.S. riders between the ages 16 and 21
If you have questions regarding becoming a Region or Breed Coordinator, contact Vonita Bowers email@example.com or at (859) 825-6001