Wellington, FL - Virginia Yarur Ready (CHI) and her own Finn concluded the final day of week five of the Adequan® Global Dressage Festival (AGDF) with a win in the FEI Intermediaire I Freestyle, presented by Kirk Arabians, at Palm Beach International Equestrian Center (PBIEC). Yarur Ready and Finn scored a 71.550% for first place, while Michael Klimke (GER) and Royal Dancer 33 collected second place with a 70.975%. Tina Irwin (CAN) and Fancy That finished just behind Klimke with a 70.275% for third place. Competition at AGDF will begin again on Thursday, February 25, with CDI-W competition presented by Axel Johnson Group.
Yarur Ready and Finn finished just outside of the ribbons in the FEI Prix St. Georges class on Thursday, but found themselves in a competitive position in the FEI Intermediaire I class on Friday, where the duo took second place with a 70.237%. "I feel very good about my test, and my horse felt very good. He rode very well and I made a few little mistakes, but I'm happy with it," she said.
The pair has an established partnership and has performed well to this point in the season. Yarur Ready and Finn also represented their home nation of Chile at the 2015 Pan American Games hosted in Toronto this past summer. The duo finished in a combined 12th place, which included both Large and Small Tour scores.
"I've been riding him for seven years now, and I know him very well. He's a very experienced horse and is complete," she continued. "When we make mistakes it's because of me, not him." The gentle 2005 Rheinlander gelding has a workman-like personality and always brings his best to the ring for Yarur Ready and through the course of the year, the pair has become much more confident in their Small Tour performances.
"My plan is to continue training while we're here with my coach Yvonne Losos de Muñiz for the rest of circuit, and we have plans for the future. This year is a year that we're going to try to go to the Grand Prix. I have to learn it," she smiled. "With Finn, I'm doing the Prix St. Georges, but want to move to the Grand Prix in the next year. I have other horses too that will be able to reach that level also."
Mette Rosencrantz (USA) and her own Marron placed first in the FEI Consolation Grand Prix at AGDF, winning with a score of 67.200%. Lauren Sprieser (USA) and Ellegria earned second place honors, receiving a 63.367%, while Kim Gentry (AUS) rode Leonardo to third, scoring a 62.333%.
Competition at AGDF will resume on Thursday, February 25, with the beginning of CDI-W competition presented by Axel Johnson Group. For more information on AGDF please visit www.globaldressagefestival.com.
Final Results FEI Intermediaire I Freestyle CDI 1*, presented by Kirk Arabians
1. Virginia Yarur Ready (CHI), Finn, 2005 Rhinelander gelding owned by Virginia Yarur Ready: 70.750%, 68.625%, 72.125%, 71.250%, 75.000%, 71.550%
2. Michael Klimke (GER), Royal Dancer 33, 2006 Hanoverian gelding by Royal Blend x Lipton Ice x Le Primeur owned by Michael Klimke: 73.750%, 69.000%, 70.875%, 69.500%, 71.750%, 70.975%
3. Tina Irwin (CAN), Fancy That, 2006 Oldenburg mare by Donerschwee x Freiherr x Falaise owned by Christine Faux: 69.500%, 71.875%, 67.000%, 72.750%, 70.250%, 70.275%
4. Juan Antonio Jimenez Cobo (ESP), Elevado, 2004 Hanoverian gelding by Falkenstern II x Wanda owned by Juan Antonio Jimenez Cobo: 68.750%, 67.000%, 67.625%, 67.000%, 69.875%, 68.050%
5. Christer Egerstrom (CRC), Bello Oriente, 2004 Oldenburg gelding by Belissimo M x Maradonna x Donnerhall owned by Christer Egerstrom: 67.250%, 66.250%, 69.125%, 67.875%, 67.250%, 67.550%
6. Katharina Stumpf (AUT), For My Love, 2001 Hanoverian gelding by For Feeling x Escudine x Escudo I owned by Katharina Stumpf: 66.000%, 66.375%, 64.500%, 66.500%, 67.750%, 66.225%
7. Sarah Stanuschewski (GER) Lertigo Tyme, 2002 Hanoverian gelding by Lancier x Greafin Bahr x Graf Lehndorf owned by Evi Strasser: 64.750%, 61.875%, 65.250%, 65.250%, 65.000%, 64.425%
8. Kate Boldt (USA), Dynamica, 2005 Oldenburg mare by Don Larino x Pagena x Pageno owned by Billie Becker: 59.500%, 62.250%, 63.500%, 60.500%, 60.125%, 61.175%