Lexington, KY – The United States Equestrian Federation’s (USEF) 2008 National Para Equestrian Championships and the USEF Selection Trials for the 2008 U.S. Paralympic Team-Equestrian begins this Friday, May 16 at the Lamplight Equestrian Center in Wayne, IL and will conclude Sunday, May 18.The USEF National Para Equestrian Championships and the USEF Selection Trials for the 2008 U.S. Paralympic Team-Equestrian will run concurrently with the dressage competition kicking off Friday with the Team Test; the Freestyle is early in the evening Saturday and Sunday concludes the competition with the Individual Tests. Though pinned separately, the combined average score from the respective classes will determine the Champion and Reserve Champion.
The following riders/horses will be competing in the 2008 USEF National Para Equestrian Championship; Long-listed Paralympic rider and horse combinations with an asterisk by their name are competing in the USEF Selection Trials for the 2008 U.S. Paralympic Team-Equestrian as well as the National Championship.
* Robin Brueckmann, Summerfield, NC – Richmond*
* Robin Brueckmann, Summerfield, NC – Radetzky*
* Kim Decker, Centreville, VA – Dashers Destiny
* Barbara Grassmyer, Placerville, CA – Mibis*
* Kathryn Groves, Columbus, NC – Friespruch*
* Rebecca Hart, Erie, PA – Norteassa*
* Keith Newerla, King of Prussia, PA – Marlando*
* Keith Newerla, King of Prussia, PA – Walk on the Moon*
* Laurietta Oakleaf, Wapakoneta, OH – Quimerico KF
* Lynn Seidemann, Coppell, TX – Phoenix B*
* Lynn Seidemann, Coppell, TX - Rolex Toltein*
The horse and riders who qualify in the Paralympic Selection Trials will go on to compete in the 2008 Paralympic Games in Hong Kong in September.
Para Equestrian is the sport for Equestrians with disabilities that compete in parallel competitions from the national level through the Olympics. For additional information, see the link below or contact Pam Lane, USEF Director of Para Equestrian and Vaulting, at (908) 326-1153 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.