Lexington, KY. - The United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) has named 10 athletes and their horses to the Short List for the 2016 U.S. Olympic Show Jumping Team. The athletes and their horses will compete in designated CSIO/CSI observation events taking place May 12 - June 26, 2016.
The following athletes and horses have been named to the Short List for the 2016 U.S. Olympic Show Jumping Team (in alphabetical order):
- Lucy Davis (Los Angeles, Calif.) and Old Oak Farm's Barron, a 2004 Belgian Warmblood gelding
- Margie Engle (Wellington, Fla.) and Elm Rock Partners, LLC's Royce, a 2004 Oldenburg stallion
- Kent Farrington (Wellington, Fla.) with Robin Parsky and his own Gazelle, a 2006 Belgian Warmblood mare, and Amalaya Investments' Voyeur, a 2002 KWPN gelding
- Lauren Hough (Wellington, Fla.) and The Ohlala Group's Ohlala, a 2004 Swedish Warmblood mare
- Reed Kessler (Lexington, Ky.) and Kessler Show Stables' Cylana, a 2002 Belgian Warmblood mare
- Laura Kraut (Royal Palm Beach, Fla.) with Old Willow Farms, LLC's Deauville S, a 2006 Holsteiner gelding, and Zeremonie, a 2007 Holsteiner mare
- Beezie Madden (Cazenovia, N.Y.) with Abigail Wexner's Breitling LS, a 2006 Dutch Warmblood stallion, Cortes 'C', a 2002 Belgian Warmblood gelding, Quister, a 2004 Selle Francais gelding, and Simon, a 1999 KWPN gelding
- Todd Minikus (Loxahatchee, Fla.) and Jack Snyder's Babalou 41, a 2005 Oldenburg mare
- Callan Solem (Glennmore, Pa.) and Horseshoe Trail Farm, LLC's VDL Wizard, a 2003 KWPN gelding
- McLain Ward (Brewester, N.Y.) with Double H Farm & Francois Mathy's HH Azur, a 2006 Belgian Warmblood mare, and Sagamore Farm's Rothchild, a 2001 Warmblood gelding
Further information regarding the U.S. Olympic Show Jumping Team selection process can be found on USEF.org. All nominations to the 2016 U.S. Olympic Team are subject to approval by the United States Olympic Committee.