Lexington, KY- The following horse-and-rider combinations have been awarded Land Rover Grants to compete on the U.S. Nations Cup team at the Boekelo CCIO3* in The Netherlands, October 11-14, 2012.
The United States will be represented by the following four riders (listed in Alphabetical Order):
- Jennie Brannigan (West Grove, PA) on Nina Gardner's Cambalda. Cambalda is a 10-year-old Thoroughbred cross gelding.
- Phillip Dutton (West Grove, PA) on Tom Tierney's Atlas. Atlas is an 8-year-old Irish Sport Horse gelding.
- Jon Holling (Ocala, FL) on Constance Ann Holling's Downtown Harrison. Downtown Harrison is an 8-year-old Trakehner/Thoroughbred gelding.
- Clark Montgomery (Kennett Square, PA) on Holly Becker and Kathryn Kraft's Loughan Glen. Loughan Glen is a 9-year-old Irish Sport Horse gelding.
The following two combinations have been named as alternates (listed in Alphabetical Order):
- Buck Davidson (Ocala, FL) on Sherrie Martin's The Apprentice. The Apprentice is an 8-year-old Oldenburg gelding.
- Will Faudree (Hoffman, NC) on Jennifer Mosing's Pawlow. Pawlow is a 13-year-old Irish Thoroughbred gelding.
Each Nations Cup team member will receive a $15,000 Land Rover Grant to help offset expenses directly related to the event. Captain Mark Phillips will serve as Chef d'Equipe and in-coming Technical Adviser for the U.S. eventing team, David O'Connor, will serve as coach at the Boekelo CCIO3*. It is anticipated, that prior to departure a brief training camp is tentatively scheduled for the week of October 5th.
Follow the 2012 Land Rover U.S. Eventing Team here.