Eventing USA is the official publication of the U.S. Eventing Association. This bi-monthly award-winning magazine offers coverage of popular events, educational articles, frequent columns on veterinary care, horse and rider training, breeding event horses, and much more. We offer internships on the editorial and communications staff year-round for people interested in journalism, marketing, and the sport of eventing.
Our internship program gives the intern a chance to get the "inside scoop" in the world of magazine publishing. The intern will work hands-on with our editorial staff and designers, and will be an integral part of the team during all field work, assignment planning, and magazine proofing.
* Creative brainstorming with Editorial & Marketing staff
* Exposure to layout, design, production, web work, and various multimedia projects
* Researching & fact-checking
* Writing news, features, and helping with multimedia projects
* Going on assignment to cover equestrian events with editorial staff
Normal hours are Monday through Friday, 9 to 5. Some weekends are spent on assignment. Part-time internships are also available for those who have other work or school commitments during this time period.
The USEA is very flexible with regards to the internship duration. Contact the office to discuss scheduling. Preference is given to applicants who can work during the busiest months (April – October) and especially during our national championships in Wayne, Illinois in September – the Bit of Britain/USEA American Eventing Championships.
* Strong English language background
* Knowledge of eventing - a competitive background is encouraged, but not needed
* Interest in journalism/communications/marketing career
* Some photography experience is helpful - own camera a plus
Responsibility of intern; we assist in search. Reliable transportation is necessary.
We are happy to help interns pursue academic credit.
Send resume, including equestrian background, and writing sample to:
Emily Daily, Managing Editor
U.S. Eventing Association
525 Old Waterford Rd. NW
Leesburg, VA 20176
Or email Emily at Emily@useventing.com or call 703-779-0440 ext. 3015