Traverse City, Mich. – July 3, 2009 – Tickets for [#25519 override=""Taste of Traverse City,"" title=""Taste of Traverse City,""] Sunday, July 12, 2009, are available online for $125 at www.equestrianaidfoundation.org or at the show office during Horse Shows by the Bay Equestrian Festival. This year’s party is hosted by Horse Sports by the Bay, Inc. and will benefit the Equestrian Aid Foundation (EAF), a non-profit organization providing financial assistance for basic medical and living expenses for those suffering catastrophic illness or injury.
The party and silent auction will feature popular food and beverages from area restaurants (a complete listing below) at the Jolly Pumpkin Tavern and Brewery on Old Mission Peninsula.
Party goers can bid on premium silent auction items – from designer accessories to shopping sprees for your horse – offered by trusted top-name companies.
Items for the horse, include:
• FarmVet – $1,000 shopping spree of products and supplements
• Equi-Fit – $1,000 AgSILVER collection of anti-bacterial products
• ThinLine – two saddle pads. 1 hunter, 1 jumper pad
• Hadfield – new popular extra-wide, raised, fancy stitched bridle made in England
• Five Star – bridle. Made exclusively from top grade Sedgwick English bridle leather, hand finished, expertly stitched, all buckles are stainless steel
Items for the rider, include:
• Essex – riding shirts for women, men and girls
• Antares – GPA helmet
Other terrific items, include:
• Badgley Mischka (valued at $4,000) – black snakeskin handbag with gold chain handles, fragrance gift set, Eyewear sunglasses, jet and crystal pendant necklace
• Federico-designed jewelry (valued at $1,800) – Handpicked by the owner, this pendant is from the Baccarat Collection Bijoux. This unique piece is referred to as the “Psydelic” – is made of Clear Crystal Blue 'Scarabee'. It is displayed on a 23-inch silver "Chaine Cocoon" chain.
• Sam Edelman shoes
• Hermes scarf
• HORSE book of photography signed by author Kelly Klein
• Mimi’s Swan – pair of handmade one-of-a-kind pillows for the home with Swarovski crystal horse motif
• Show Your Soul inspiring shirts for women
Attendees will enjoy popular dishes from Traverse City’s favorite local restaurants, including Cafe Habana, Blue Tractor Cook Shop, Northpeak Brewery, and Bowers Harbor Inn. Hand-crafted artisan Jolly Pumpkin micro-beers and award-winning wine from long-time horse show partner Bowers Harbor Vineyards will also be available.
“Given the tough economic times and the continued demand that is being placed on the Foundation for donor support, we felt that a more aggressive approach had to be taken to raise the awareness and significance of the Foundation and the role it plays within the community,” said horse show co-owner Alex Rheinheimer. “This event has been a huge success in the past, and we are dedicated to continuing our support for an organization that can make such a significant difference in people’s lives.”
Tickets can be purchased online for $125 at www.equestrianaidfoundation.org or in the show office during the horse show.
About The Equestrian Aid Foundation – Its mission is to build a membership-based organization to assist anyone in the equestrian world suffering from life threatening illness, catastrophic accidents or injuries by providing direct financial support for their basic medical needs. It is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization. For more information on the event and EAF, please visit www.equestrianaidfoundation.org.
About Horse Shows by the Bay Equestrian Festival – The show is a four-week, multi-discipline equestrian event at the Flintfields Horse Park on July 8-August 2. This will be the fourth year that Horse Shows by the Bay has partnered with EAF; however the first time that the entire event will be managed by the Foundation. To date, Horse Shows by the Bay has raised more than $40,000 to benefit the EAF. For horse show information, please visit www.horseshowsbythebay.com.